Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Planet R6M receiver

<< < (2/4) > >>

barriew:
You can also buy the Flysky version of this transmitter (I believe they actually make them for Hobbyking) from Bangood or other UK suppliers.

Barrie

Mike Fry:
Hello
Stick with the Turnigy i6, i bought one because the Planet T5 was becoming a bit iffy. It does seem too cheap but it works very well and i now have five I6 receivers. The good points are, it has two rotary controls and a three position switch, just the job for extras. Theres more, telemetry! On the transmitter it gives you the voltage of the receiver battery. A while back i was fiddling with the settings and i got another reading on the transmitter screen, the instructions were not much good. I worked out it was the signal strength so now something which i did not bother about i watch all the time. Now when i pull the sail over against the wind the voltage dips and when standing behind people the signal drops. Not so good points, it feels a little bit cheap (well yes it is) There is no charging plug and the signal is line of sight (still far more than T6\5) If you loose the signal it picks it back up very quick. I use a Spectrum DX6 for big and fast boats and the Turnigy for the blow along type.

Glyn Roberts:
Hi Mike,  I use a T5 and run big and fast boats, so I was wondering what are the benefits using the spectrum Dx6 over the T5.

Regards Glyn

Mike Fry:
Hello Glyn

The Spectrum DX6 has much more range and it will go through things in the way. The Planet radio is ok but sometimes it will reverse servos and will set off at half throttle. Lots of people have them in my club and a few problems are starting to appear. I use the T5 in my Glyn Guest destroyers now, they are small slow and expendable.

MikeFry..

Glyn Roberts:
Hi Mike,   Thanks for the info,  guess that I am in the market for a Spectrum.

Regards Glyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version