Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpool & Fylde Model Boat Club  (Read 4354 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Blackpool & Fylde Model Boat Club
« on: June 03, 2006, 05:33:55 pm »

We are a small club, mostly scale, but we also have wind-driven boats and some members like fast electrics.
we sail, usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings (P&D car park , free after 6:00pm) near the St Pauls Avenue Car Park at Fairhaven Lake, Lytham St Annes.  Its all alfresco - so meeting is weather dependant, but the water is very sheltered most of the time.
The members have installed a boom to keep out some of the weather, and all of the full size hire boats.
The council have recently improved launching and recovery facilities by providing a paved area for wheelchair access, and have also installed a work bench (sorry, picnic table) conveniently close.
No I/C, reasonable access on three sides, wadable with chest waders, a stout pole and determination, salt water (the park is part of the sea defences and filled from the Ribble estuary).
The lake is also a nature reserve, so the wildlife has to be given right of way.
Visitors and guests, especially with boats, are always welcome.
No web site.
Contact - Secretary  Malcolm Frary 01253 347958
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Blackpool & Fylde Model Boat Club
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:08:40 pm »

A correction - the local council who administer the car park have just extended the chargable times to 08:00am - 08:00pm.  The (free) road parking is about 150 yards from the water.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 08:26:56 pm »

A few minor updates -
The car park P&D charges have reverted to 9.00am to 6.00 pm, outside these hours it is free.
After several years of the lake suffering weeding and outside disruption by sea wall contractors on the one hand and the park management doing heritage "improvements" on the other, and of course the covid restrictions, normal service is almost restored.
The boom succumbed to old age a while back - members prefer the unfettered access to the main body of the lake.
And it was, and still is, salt water, being filled from the sea.

bee.sting

• Shipmate
  • Beginner, just bought my first boat.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 09:46:09 pm »

Admins: I appreciate this is a sensitive subject. If you think I have overstepped the mark, please delete.

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me if this club is still meeting? I am unable to contact anybody from the club.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.