Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maritime-Models reviews?  (Read 1871 times)

steve mahoney

• Full Mayhemer
Maritime-Models reviews?
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:42:52 pm »

In the past I have been stung by Westbourne Models. The site looked good but the paid for products never arrived and the back up service didn't exist.

This time I'm thinking of trying Maritime-Models in Hereford. Are they any good?

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: Maritime-Models reviews?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:20:39 am »

never used them but cornwall models are very good, as are MMB and Deans. When i go to shows SHG (never used them for delivered goods as I get everything in one go at Warwick) Component shop. ps thats a hell of a way for a delivery!!!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:51:26 am »

Maybe try them with a small order first....   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:37:34 am »

Component shop does worldwide

Dave

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 04:56:57 pm »

cornwall models  i know send stuff to vancouver canada  & the  usa  as well

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 08:14:39 pm »

In the past I have been stung by Westbourne Models. The site looked good but the paid for products never arrived and the back up service didn't exist.

+1 for Cornwall Models. The parts I needed after being similarly stung arrived from Cornwall less than 24 hours after ordering.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

Onetenor

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 06:37:53 am »

+1 for Cornwall Models. The parts I needed after being similarly stung arrived from Cornwall less than 24 hours after ordering.
Did you pay via  Card or Pay Pal ? If so you should be able to get help from them to recover costs. My namesakes Mantua (Mantova) Models are also very good too

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 12:29:39 pm »

A+ for Cornwall. I have used them numerous times with success and without complaint.

steve mahoney

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 09:47:12 pm »

Thanks guys, I've used Cornwall before and will go back again this time.
Maritime seem pretty legit and they did reply to my query however they didn't have a couple of items currently in stock. Postage to NZ is a killer so I like to get everything in one go.
John – tried a small order with Westbourne and eventually wrote it of to experience. Should have read the online reviews first. They get 1 out of 5 stars – no idea how they even got 1 star. If I am ever in Westbourne I'll certainly get my money's worth.

RST

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 10:45:03 pm »

I do't know if Westboourne Models experience by others is recent but in summer of 2016 I was listening to BBC Radio 4 and shocked to hear a 15min report on Westbourne Models!!.  I was actually on the way to a job, and pulled the van over just to listen to it in disbelief (the customer never paid for the time).  The excuses posted on 'tinternet from the shop since seems prolific, I have to watch what I say but for BBC to investigate something relatively insignificant as a model shop was somewhat shocking!  The only other time I heard of this was Paisley Models near Glasgow who disappeared with allot of outstanding orders, and some folk robbed of their models which were apparently in for repair or on display.

Its difficult to judge from on-line appearances on the web.  Does your bank offer on-line protection?  Fairly sure mine does so even without using a cc so I should be protected if I click to buy on-line.  I am not protected if I order by phone, bank transfer or cheque.  Not sure if that works for international orders or not.

Maritime seem pretty legit.  Sure I've ordered from there before though I tend to favour Cornwall Model boats for the range and very speedy dispatch.  Model Dockyard are good also -but very s-l-o-w dispatch, I have also had issues with e-mails as one of their servers seems to block's my address.

I don't want to cause further harm, but I'm amazed that Westbourne are still going considering the feedback?

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.