The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Pleasure boats, Sports, Race, Power and Leisure Boats:

New secondhand cruiser maybe Aero Kit

<< < (3/3)

roycv:
Hi all, Just a thought Chas but boats of that age had contemporary glues that were not as good as today or have weekened over the years.  I have taken out several prop shafts before and find a pair of mole grips and a quick twist usually breaks the joint.  If there is no play in either bearing then leave it it in.  If 4BA then M4 will screw onto a 4BA thread.  If you need a prop let us all know someone may have one hanging around.
good luck
Roy

SteamboatPhil:
I can help there I have a bucket load of props both 4 and 2ba, if you need a coupling I can probaly do that as well  :-)) 

Hurric123:
Hi guys, I stripped out the old shaft it is 4ba. There was no play at the inboard end but a bit at the prop end. It is straight and in good condition with good threads. The problem is there is nothing of the outer shaft to grab hold of, or to heat, up without doing serious surgery.
I am tempted to use the existing shaft initially at least, if I can get away with it and find some bits.
So if you can find in your parts box a 2 blade 40mm 4ba prop and a 4ba coupling piece Phil, it will be appreciated and paid for of course.
Regards

Davo:
It looks like a well loved boat though somewhat left over from an 007 film with that radar loop!
I would just buy a complete new shaft making sure the outside tube diameter is the same. As it was IC the shaft will probably be worn.
Hope to see the sea trials asap.
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version