Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good old Mary Ann  (Read 960 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Good old Mary Ann
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:46:17 pm »

Hi all, have you noticed on ebay there is always a Billing Mary Ann fishing boat kit for sale?  They must have been going for nearly 60 years now.  The kit has crept up from £12 +£6 for the fittings kit to £150 or there abouts.  I bought the fittings for £6 many years ago and had just decided to make my kit up just after Christmas when a finished one came up for sale, long story short, I haggled and bought it, took a week to do her up chuck out the McGregor RC and she will be in the lake in a few days.
The wonder of the 9 gram servos, they fit in nicely and just right for this size model rudder.  My one was butchered around the rudder area but I made up a more scale looking metal one, also the old type prop shafts are not much good so replaced that as well and have a nice screw on prop.
If buying an old kit, I would check the colour of the planking wood.  If it is brown (mahogany) then forget it, the more recent have a white wood.  Mine is about 20 years old and has the lighter planking.
It is a great pity that the other similar fishing type boats are not to the same scale, They would look nice as a small fleet.
Regards Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.