Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoylake modelboat club  (Read 10506 times)

dms toucan

Hoylake modelboat club
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:57:29 pm »

Hi
Does any body have any information on the new club at Hoylake
Regards Martin

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
Re: Hoylake modelboat club
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:11:04 am »

i was told they sail next to the lifeboat station i too could do with some contact info

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:03:12 am »

Hi
Does any body have any information on the new club at Hoylake
Regards Martin

speak to Wallace he is involved with the club :-))

wallace

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:42:40 pm »

Thanks Colin  Im open to all those who are keen to know,Im just going into hospital on the 5th Nov for another opp
so when i come out I will answer all questions and enquiries about the NEW model boat club.I have wrote abit about the club on my building page   http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13931.150
 in only a few weeks we have close on 40 members and we are still staying as members of New Brighton boat club
we are making seats to go around the lake and benches to put your boats on,we are a very happy club and met the 2nd Tuesday of the month and also met at the lake Wed/Fri/and Sundays and if its to bad aday to sail we have a chat and all go for a cuppa together one big happy family.
We are going to officially open and make a mark as HOYLAKE MODEL BOAT CLUB in March / April already we are working on getting someone to open the day.

Look forward to hearing from you all.
                                                      wallace  :-))

wallace

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 04:48:34 pm »

PS
     :-))    FORGOT  TO SAY WE ARE LOOKING FOR CLUBS TO FORM A LEAGUE  ON A HOME AND AWAY FOR STREERING/TOWING/AND SAILING PLUS DOING A COURSE FOR THE KIDS. :-))

WALLACE

Bradley

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:30:14 pm »

Aren't you guys fortunate - think I will move to Hoylake  ;) :-) :-))
Derek.    :police:

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:48:09 pm »

Out of interest is the lake salt or fresh water?

Peter

wallace

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:30:43 pm »

To answer your question about the water. Its is self filled and its all Fresh water. Love to have you onboard get in touch.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 06:48:03 pm »

...make a mark as HOYLAKE MODEL BOAT CLUB in March / April already we are working on getting someone to open the day.

Step forward Martin - you could at least hold the coats  :} :} :}
Don't Assume Check

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »

I think i will take a gander at this new venue and get in touch if any of you are wanting to do any tug towing may be able to help out

wallace

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 06:56:48 pm »

HI TO ONE AND ALL i'M STILL WAITING ON CLUBS TO SAY THEY ARE  INTRESTED IN FORMING A LEAGUE DURING THE FORE COMING SEASON 2010 THERE MUST BEEN A FEW CLUBS WITHIN ONE HOUR DRIVE TO AND FROM HOYLAKE IM LOOKING FOR AROUND 10 CLUBS WHICH WOULD TAKE UP 20 WEEKS OF THE YEAR AND AT THE END OF THE YEAR HAVE A GALA NIGHT SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO ALL  TO GIVE OUT PRIZES ETC.THIS COULD LEAD ONTO BIG THINGS SO PLEASE CLUBS GIVE IT AGO WE AT HOYLAKE ARE NOT THE BEST BUT WE WANT SUNDAYS TO BE GREAT FUN DAYS FOR ALL  NOT JUST STEERING LETS DO TOWING FOR FUN AROUND A COURSE AND ALSO GET THE SAILING BOATS OUT.LETS HAVE HAVE LOADS OF BAR-B-Q'S AND LAUGHTER.PHONE NUMBERS ON REQUEST.

ixion

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 07:54:04 pm »

I will see if anyone in my club (Colwyn Bay) are interested!

wallace

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 09:43:06 am »

Hi thanks for reply please forward your Sec's address and I will pass it onto my Sec to write to your club with what we want to do
   wallace

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 11:04:12 pm »

wallace,
have you found that members from New Brighton (which is only a very short drive away) have migrated to Hoylake? It would be a shame if New Brighton was to fold, with all the talk of the lake being moved, and the seasonal plague of Swans it must be difficult for those boys to keep going, pity both clubs are so close, and clash with sailing days, would it not have been better to have Saturday as Hoylake sailing day, then Sunday could remain for the existing club, or is New Brighton folding up?

Bowwave

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 10:45:29 am »

wallace,
have you found that members from New Brighton (which is only a very short drive away) have migrated to Hoylake? It would be a shame if New Brighton was to fold, with all the talk of the lake being moved, and the seasonal plague of Swans it must be difficult for those boys to keep going, pity both clubs are so close, and clash with sailing days, would it not have been better to have Saturday as Hoylake sailing day, then Sunday could remain for the existing club, or is New Brighton folding up?
As far as I am aware NB is alive and well  with a new lake in the offering . It had a thriving memebrship  but it's  also good  to see another club in the area   prepared to promote the hobby. Model boating has never been better  and the model boater better served. :-))
Bowwave

wallace

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 05:31:47 pm »

Hi to RED181  Just to keep you updated on New Brighton model Boat club,  Im a member of new Brighton and have been for a few year I get on with everyone there and everyone helps everyone,I enjoy the sailing there and the chats and also the clubs shows.
New Brighton is not going anywhere and the club is going well  all that has happen is that a few of the members of new Brighton where asked about the sailing at Hoylake and after a week-end show at the lifeboat station we went back to have a good look and to find out a few things it was then decided to say yes to sailing and to form a new club on the wirral  thats how Hoylake Model Boat club started and upto date on the 21st November there are 35 paid up members and come Jan2010 there will be more joining,we are all still members of New Brighton and I for one will always support them, but its nice to get away from the birds sorry the swans .
Hoping this helps please reply always if you want to know more,
In the Spring Hoylake Model Boat Club is having there big open day to lauch the club watch this space.
                 wallace    :-)) :-)) :-))

wallace

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 06:10:59 pm »

This is a reply to    Bowwave   like what you said  and  I for one is looking forward to the new boating lake being built at New Brighton,
I myself is trying to get a leaugh going with around 10 or 12 clubs within 45 minutes drive  having  streering/sailing and towing comps throughtout the spring /summer upto Oct then having a big get together for the prize giving  etc I have already had a few clubs asking about it it will make the days sailing a lot of fun  and to make money for charity.oncw again please watch this space.
     wallace  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:04 am »

Hello Wallace - greetings from Victoria BC - just telling my 92 year old Mum in Law about a club in Hoylake - she grew up in West Kirby, took a boat I think to New Brighton (is that correct in the 40's?), Father in Law came from Hoylake - Tebbs the fanmily name - has that pond been around since the 40's - saltwater at that time? This has nothing to do with your club ideas but it peaked my interest!
Thanks,
Mike

wallace

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 09:48:22 am »

Mike  many thanks for your reply lovely to read your conments about new brighton  today its fresh water  and full of swans which are so lovely birds but no good for sailing and streering comps will pass you conments to the older members at our next meeting.
            take care  wallace  :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 02:39:19 pm »

Via Email to Mayhem...

The Hoylake Model Boat Club endeavours to bring together members for the purpose of exchanging ideas and opinions on subjects connected with the designing, constructing, testing and sailing of model boats. We are a friendly  fun club and welcome all new members.
Our Membership fee for 2010 is £8 and £11 for family membership. We meet on Friday and Wednesday  around noon and on Sundays at the Lake on North Parade Hoylake.

Our Monthly meeting is the second Tuesday in the month at 7.30pm at the Sheridans(Old Black Horse pub)   
80 Wallasey Villiage. CH45 3LQ

www.hoylakemodelboatclub.co.uk 

Cheers
Max Ferrie (webmaster)

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 02:41:02 pm »

Is that a shark in the water??  %)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

wallace

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 12:06:04 pm »

Martin behave yourself sharks in our lovely pool    NO its the Tea Lady bringing the cuppa's to us

{-) wallace   {-)

wallace

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 12:07:13 pm »

Any one know of the model boat clubs in Liverpool.

wallace

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 01:27:20 pm »

yep the Liverpool model boat club try contacting  the member" Boat Captain" I think he is the boat captain. there  is another group who meet at newsham park don't know what they call them selves.

peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.