Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: significant brilliant news  (Read 2727 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
significant brilliant news
« on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:19 pm »

Some years ago, the Hull Docks Museum, under the curatorship of a gentleman called Arthur Credland, a most helpful man, who could sort out most plans that a local ship builder Cook Welton and Gemmell had donated to the museum upon their closing business. they were an invaluable scource of plans and information to model builders, and a fraction of the price of the NMM at Greenwich.
sadly upon Arthur Credlands retirement some years ago a radicalisation of the museum all the plans and info on the builders ships ranging from tugs lightships coasters through to their 200+ trawlers, all info was just stuffed in bin bags and put in a cellar. when I spoke to someone 10 or so years ago he said that they might be binned...........
however, I heard today from Davie Tait that these have now been saved and are being archived, sorted and will be ready for modellers to buy shortly......
BRILLIANT NEWS.
Mountfleet models two large trawlers are designed and build from using their plans, as was this trawler, Red Falcon which I built from the plans soon to be available again, after so many years.
I must say now though........they are BUILDERS drawings, not model makers drawings.

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: significant brilliant news
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 03:00:03 pm »

I| believe that all Richard Dunstan plans ended up there  as well. Nemesis

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »

yes, I think they did, but for some reason Cochranes went to the NMM. {:-{

I always thought though that Cook, Welton and Gemmell always had nicer lines than Cochranes and Smiths Yard on all their ships and especially their trawlers.

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:28:36 pm »

Dunstans were a private yard whereas Cochranes were part of British shipbuilders, that is what I was told when I was researching a vessel. Maybe that is why the plans went to NMM. nemesis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.