Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XRAD'S FORD TRUGGY  (Read 1452 times)

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
XRAD'S FORD TRUGGY
« on: April 20, 2018, 02:31:51 am »

Well, thought I would make just one more out of some spares and a beat up frame off ebay. Based on an SCX10, very easy to get cheap parts for this as they have been around a bit. Had to re-braze some of the steel, and repaint frame chrome yellow. Just a rough build but with some experimentation.  I 3D designed a front grill, printed the headlight rings, and used some 20 cent 5 degree 20mm lenses for headlights.   I think it needs 120mm tires and 120mm shocks vs 108 tires and 100mm shocks.....

Added a 'rotating' amber light bar to top of cab.   All metal transmission 14t 32p pinion w/slipper clutch.  Metal axle cases. Steel wheels. Some old scx10 driveshafts, beat up but still work fine.  There is a pic of the very cheap 12$ 3 channel surface receiver off ebay. Binds to dsm transmitter perfectly first time.  Much cheaper than spektrum receiver.  Axial esc works great. 

Still snowing here.... dying to get some boats out soon!

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: XRAD'S FORD TRUGGY
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 03:49:24 am »

some more pics...

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: XRAD'S FORD TRUGGY
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 01:50:26 pm »

made a simple interior motor cover and seats. Made out of cut down 2 x 4 foot polystyrene sheet (amazon) which is rough on one side and looks like scale auto carpet when painted (burnt umber in my case). Hot knife to trim out windows. Testors clear dullcoat after a nice sanding and wash n rinse. Cassidy 7" Neca figure goes well.  Unfortunately, fried my cheapy receiver and light bar by hooking up a 2 pin power unit in reverse polarity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.