Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal sailing weather what is yours  (Read 1198 times)

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
Ideal sailing weather what is yours
« on: April 27, 2018, 09:58:55 pm »

I prefer to sail in most weathers from a flat mill pond to some what rough weather with breaking waves and the odd roller coming thru I judge the weather would not sail in a force ten but do not mind the odd wave breaking over the model do not want to float her or sink her just like to sail on the ocean salt water or on the lake when it,s rough it,s great watching the model handle the weather and some times the odd white cap breaks over her resulting in laughter from those whom sail with me we did one sail and the waves hit all three of us we had a ball a few laughs and the odd heart beat missing a skip a few times .
Some models like the schnellboot do not handle that well due to their low freeboard but tugs and freighters reel in it some days it is just dead flat and that is ok as well but I do prefer the rough seas .
tassie48 

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
Re: Ideal sailing weather what is yours
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:16:12 am »

A mill pond never looks quite right, though it does allow for some cracking 'reflections' photos. If there's a breeze, that will decide which boat to take. Meeching (scratch built) will take a moderate amount of wave movement but Denton, being bigger, (Smit Nederland) will take just about anything. But there's always a gulp when you know that there's a bigger than usual wave coming up.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Ideal sailing weather what is yours
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:32:25 pm »

meechingman seems we two are the only wild weather sailors we done mate keep a good weather eye for that rogue wave and good sailing what ever the wave height tassie48
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.