Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farewell Military Modelling magazine  (Read 1669 times)

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Farewell Military Modelling magazine
« on: May 04, 2018, 10:39:56 pm »

Sadly, Military Modelling sent me their final edition this week, and after forty eight years in publication has now ceased publication.

I feel this is pertinent to announce as Military Modelling had begun to include naval subjects since its new editor took up the reins. This month saw an article on the French Battleship Voltaire of the Danton class and an article on Admiral Nelson represented as a Bust.

While not specifically a magazine for ships/boats etc, many weapons developed for land use were also eagerly adapted for use on warships such as Bofors guns, Oerlikons, several German FLAK weapons, and even Anti tank guns seeing use on MTBs/PT boats. These subjects were covered at various times by this magazine and may have helped us model ship builders if we were looking for that extra detail reference.

Military Modelling has had a very important influence on my life. I met a really good friend via our local newsagent who reserved our copies each month, then he introduced me to a club that I have belonged to now for 24 years. Add to that my being introduced to people in the wargames industry, and twenty three years later I am still working for one of those companies.

Now, given there are fewer model boat magazines compared with ones covering  military models and figurines, I hope that Model Boat's future is secure given they were both MyTimeMedia titles?
Pond weed is your enemy

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Farewell Military Modelling magazine
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 03:00:26 pm »

Model Boats should ,be OK, especially now MMI has gone.

The problem with Military Modelling is that it ended up as a lively forum with a magazine attached instead of the other way round. Not enough people bought the mag to keep it viable.

Colin

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Farewell Military Modelling magazine
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:20:55 pm »

T'is a shame  <:(
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.