Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microcat project  (Read 2921 times)

dbroms

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Microcat project
« on: May 14, 2018, 10:09:20 am »

Morning guys, first post and at the start of a project so will be frequenting this place over the coming months for sure.  I have bought a angling technics microcat bait boat, think its a Mk1 but not sure.  I have read lots of posts on here but also have lots of questions.
Read lots about converting from the old frequencies to 2.4ghz and also changing over the motors/pumps etc. If i was to completely strip out and start again, does anybody have a shopping list of every thing required ?   Will it be best to go to 12V ?  Ive seen previous similar posts referencing a P94 from action electronics , i guess i need a lot more than just this ? Any help or pointers much appreciated
Daz

dbroms

• Shipmate
Re: Microcat project
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:26:35 pm »

After splitting the boat , need to identify what things are. The only one I’m not sure about are two sealed black boxes, guessing they may me speed controllers but not sure. Will try to attach pic to help.  Currently drawing up current wiring to enable me to strip out and repair hull. 
Any tips on repair of hull ? Thinking fibreglass as I have to actually make part of the top flange and not just repair cracks.  Think the hull is made of abs plastic so hoping fibreglass will do.

dbroms

• Shipmate
Re: Microcat project
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 05:35:43 pm »

Hopefully managed to upload a pic to help identify the 2 black boxes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.