Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: helicopters  (Read 2493 times)

djrobbo

helicopters
« on: September 13, 2007, 06:56:18 pm »

Oh yeah .does anybody know where you can get 1/92 scale westland wessex heli's cause thats what intrepid carried to start with, and i cant find any.

swordfish fairey

Re: helicopters
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:13:52 pm »

Hi, Italeri make a nice Wessex 5 in 1/100th scale. It is a die-cast and they are about £3.99 ish. I would imagine that may be close enough scale wise for you......Smudge :) :)

swordfish fairey

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:18:56 pm »

Re my last, I have just found one on Ebay and include a picture.  You may have to repaint as this is in Crab Air scheme, ( RAF ) sorry, old naval expression

djrobbo

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:47:53 pm »

Thanks a lot for tthe info . looks like i need to go shopping for some. AT LEAST I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK NOW . Thanks again and happy modelling.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:40:04 pm »

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

swordfish fairey

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 08:21:12 pm »

Glad to have helped mate, like to see some photo's of her when finshed, I spent many a happy hour on the Intrepid, she was a happy ship.....Smudge O0

djrobbo

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 09:48:28 pm »

Hi smudge .thanks for the info on the wessex. The intrepid was obtained in a real mess and was only just about saveable , but she is such an interesting ship it would have been a shame to scrap it , so always up for a challenge i stripped her down to a bare hull , obtained a complete set of fittings from sirmar and a set of jacobin plans . I think this could take some time to do right, and there  is a lot of scratch building to do but i will get  there in the end.  Thanks for the info i will try to send photos when done. Cheers bob.

djrobbo

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 11:50:06 pm »

Ahoy smudge !. Thanks for the info re wessex helo , just won it on ebay, cheers mate, happy boating,  bob.

swordfish fairey

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 05:11:44 pm »

Great you got one, I have had a shufti to find some pictures of our Wessex on the Intrepid and could only find one. It was taken in 1981 in Norway, we were playing the part of a surface raider and hiding in a Fjord. I was on 845 Sqdn, sorry about the poser on the wheel (me) but it will give you an idea of colours.......Smudge O0

djrobbo

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 03:23:14 pm »

Hi smudge the helo from ebay is like brand new and is more or less spot on for 1/96. can mould two or three from it now , the colours in the photo look like brown and grey , bit hard to tell for sure.  By the way love the head gear, very fetching !....................................regards   BOB.

swordfish fairey

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 04:54:54 pm »

Hi Bob,our Wessex were all over drab green. The headgear was keeping me head warm, it was about -20 at the time........Smudge

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 05:00:50 pm »

Hi Smudge,

You ex aircraft handler, the reason I ask is a mate of mine is however he was RN very late 40s through the 50s.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

swordfish fairey

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 09:12:04 pm »

Hi Colin, No mate, not a handler, I was an Airframes & Engines mechanic.   Tho' the amount of pushing the Wessex in and out of the hanger we did, it sometimes felt like it. Also a bit early for me, joined up in 75, finished 97........Cheers........Smudge O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.