Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kyosho Dolphin  (Read 1845 times)

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
Kyosho Dolphin
« on: June 06, 2018, 04:15:09 pm »

Hi All, I am soon to acquire a Kyosho seaDolphin 770 yacht - Can anyone direct me to a source for a new main sail please as the one I will be receiving is ripped with most of it missing -

I could also do with a copy of the manual / instrucitons that would have come with the yacht please

Thanks Wayne

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Kyosho Dolphin
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 04:55:09 pm »

New sails. You could draw around your old sails on a piece of paper, and send the template off to a model sail makers. I am not sure who does this in the UK now. I am sure others will chime in.
Alternatively you could make your own. You can buy sail material from some suppliers. You will need sail fabric, eyelets and washers, and eyelet hammer tool, you can get from these guys http://www.sailsetc2.com/store/index.php/products-by-category/sails/sail-making-materials.html. They also do custom sail making, you need to download the order form here http://www.sailsetc2.com/store/index.php/products-by-class/other-classes/sails.html But I think others are cheaper than these guys as Sailsetc specialize in racing/competition gear.
A cheap alternative to sail material, if you live near a local chandlers, is to buy off cuts of spinnaker cloth. I got a meter for about 5 quid. You will still need eyelets.

If you are going to get them made, then have the pair made. They will match and you know that both will be sound.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

goBulawayo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:58:01 pm »

Thanks Tigertiger, will speak to my local chandlers too

Wayne

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 05:00:28 pm »

I have added a little more info to my post above.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.