Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scale model R&D testing of Safehaven Marine's new 22m high speed XSV Design  (Read 1859 times)

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel

I always find the commercial use of model boats an interesting topic. On Facebook there is an excellent video posted on the Safehaven Marine page, documenting the models they have used in the design and development of their latest vessel.

https://www.facebook.com/415221425215512/videos/2351530641584571/?q=safehaven%20marine

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures

But you have to play in the open sea to have an chance to see your model perform.
 O0

Neil

• Full Mayhemer

I am immensely proud to say that I built the Safehaven Marine first test model for them, of the Interceptor 42' pilot boat, as a sealed self righting model. Frank Kowalski the owner of Safehaven Marine, through a friend of his, John O'Regan whom I had built a model of the boat he owned, Samuel J, ex St Peterport, Guernsey lifeboat Sir William Arnold asked me to build both the test model and a full scale model, which I designed and developed as a kit eventually.

the self righting boat was wanted for testing because at the time the RNLI were wanting a replacement for the Mersey and had been testing his Interceptor and assessing it as a replacement.in the end the RNLI chose an in house design called the effseabee…..eventually the Shannon.

here are a couple of pics of the boat that was modelled on the Cork pilot boat Gleann Mor......and the video of my self righter in the sea off Cork.

Models by Design now market my designed kit.

never once did the test model capsize lol...she came close to it a couple of times but never rolled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeNc3rDT7gM

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.