Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iron barque  (Read 6629 times)

RST

Re: Iron barque
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 10:24:36 pm »

Can you name your courier that's been giving hassle? There are 2 I simply won't use and one which is reluctantly unavoidable when I buy on-line, but less than 50% chance of getting through on that one also.  I've sent many delicate things in the post / couriers over the years, I've pretty much only had troubles with the publicised worst ones.

....sorry. By the way, lovely work!

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2020, 07:03:33 am »

Thanks - I have had them damaged by Interlink and UPS.    Amtrak never damaged any, but they don't exist anymore.    Nigtspeed never broke anything either, but they have also gone.    DHL squashed one flat. but paid the full insurance and would not carry anything for me again.    UPS was very good for a few years, but after the Gulf Stream, above was damaged, I decided not to send an more out by any courier.    Even though I did get an insurance payout the UPS agent (Mailboxes), it was all too much hassle at my age (now 76).     Personal collection only of late, but this lockdown has put an end to that as well.     I am still building, but not as many.    I have an awful feeling that this lockdown is now permanent, so I am just marking time with the models!    Good job a lot of them are very small!I have tried Fedex and they never damaged anythng, but they were like a lot of others, and would only insure to the cost of the materials, which in my case is very little.

Regards
Positive

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2020, 10:22:21 am »

Hi Bob.

Just yesterday had a delivery via Fedex, very fast and to time but carton was heavily dinted, good job the contents were heavily packed with pneumatic cells.

I notice Speedy Freight (Eddy Stobart) offer a fragile item courier service which Trust Pilot give a 99% excellent/good customer rating
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2020, 06:49:19 am »

Fedex are still no good for me, because by their own admission, they will only insure for the cost of materials.    But even receiving full insurance for damage is now too much hassle for me, re-doing work that has taken so long in the first place.    It is now persnal collection only, but this virus thing has put an end to that as well, and it looks very much like it is going to be a permanent thing, so really, it is about time to retire!   
Regards
Positive

dlancast

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2022, 06:00:13 am »

Positive,  you are a skilled master at building models.  I wish the best to you.  I am 77yrs and still building.  I just donated five of my models to the U.S. Navy. Very pleasing experience.  Currently building the Cutty Sark.  Copper plating the hull now.  Best regards sir.  Dennis

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 09:52:47 am »

Thank you.   I haven't done much since the courier damage, and it is collection only, that has reduced my output greatly.    I have completed these two, but have made no attempt  to sell them, Olivebank and Gorsefield -

Regards
Positive
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.