Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electronize esc help  (Read 1517 times)

markjames68

• Full Mayhemer
Electronize esc help
« on: June 15, 2018, 07:07:38 pm »

Im nearly cured of model boats and seriously considering sacking this one,  doesnt matter what i try but i cant get electronize esc to work at all,
The batts are charged, the motors work, the reciever is recieving(rudder works fine)
My rx is a futaba 7003sb and tx is futaba 16 sz,

Are they not compatible or something??

Anyone got any ideas ?

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: Electronize esc help
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 08:02:04 pm »

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear that you have problems. Which Electronize ESC model are you using as some have built in BEC and others do not, some are only forward operating and others have screwdriver fittings to set them up (for speeding them up or moving the range of movement).
My Dad and I have used them in all our big models and haven’t had a problem yet- might be worth ringing up Electronize themselves if you can’t get it to work- very friendly chap on the other end.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

markjames68

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 08:11:03 pm »

Its an fr30 hx, so it has no bec and as such i only have the white wire going into the rx

Its fwd and reverse but hasnt responded on either a channel with a centered sticker a ratcheted throttle as on an aircraft, ..

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 08:25:32 pm »

is there a click when you push the stick forward...….if so the relay might be caput...………...that is the only thing that has ever gone in any of my electronize esc...…….and I had 10 fr30's in different lifeboats at the same time...……..I have two in my two lifeboats that you saw the other day, one in my st200 launch, and one sat on the bench in my workshop...…...are you using one esc on a Y connector to the two motors by any chance...…….if you are, the power and draw on those big rascals might have blown it...…

I will be in my workshop tomorrow afternoon, if you want to come down and test it on a smaller motor we can see if it's kaput ……...electronise have a standard price for looking at them for repair, and then what ever is needed to repair is on top.

did you have a protective in line fuse fitted to the red wire at all as they are pretty robust esc's usually..

compatibility shouldn't be a problem...……..my esc's work with 27mhz, 40, 2,4ghz...…...and even had one working on 35mhz...…..although it was only to test the tx/rx that I was selling for an aero modeller friend some time ago.

neil.

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 08:27:44 pm »

Its an fr30 hx, so it has no bec and as such i only have thewhite wire going into the rx

Its fwd and reverse but hasnt responded on either a channel witha centred stickor a ratcheted throttle as on an aircraft, ..

Hi

I assume you are using a separate battery pack to power the receiver as the FR30 HX has no bec?
You say you only have the white wire going into the rx so does this mean you have disconnected the red and black wires from the esc servo plug? If you have then that will be your problem as you need all 3 servo wires red, black and white going into the rx.

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 08:28:28 pm »

Have you tried connecting the other wires through the Rx? Whether there is some sort current requirement which is controlled via the Rx I don’t know.
Does anything else work (rudder servo?) if so I’d recommend playing with the two screwdriver adjusters to see if any works. Do you get a clicking sound when you switch everything on? Sometimes the microprocessor relay gets stuck if it hasn’t been used for a while- possibly give it a gentle tap!
Or as Neil says- if you put too much through them it can upset them or if you connect the battery the wrong round also blows them up.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

markjames68

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 08:33:48 pm »

Thanks for the replies, i thought that with no bec circuit, i powered rx from a separate batt and disconnected the esc red and black? Which would be the power supply to the rx, ??

I'm pretty sure i've fried one of them as i connected batt direct to motor to check both things and forgot to unplug blue and yellow from motor
The other hadn't been touched though so should be ok, get no clicks noises or anything from it

Korp1010

• Full Mayhemer
  • Hard a Starboard!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 08:56:17 pm »

T6anks for the replies, i thought that with no bec circuit, i powered rx from a seperate batt and disconnected the esc red and black? Which would be the power supply to the rx, ??

Im pretty sure ive fried one of them as i connected batt direct to motoer to check both things and forgat to unplug blue and yellow from motor
The other hadnt been touched though so should be ok, get no clicks noises or anything from it

It's usually the other way round, when an esc HAS a bec circuit and the rx is for some reason also powered by a separate battery pack then you disconnect only the red positive wire from the servo plug otherwise both the esc and battery are trying to power the RX and you could damage something.

If you have two esc's with bec's then you disconnect the red positive wire from only one of the esc's so they aren't both trying to power the rx.

When a esc has NO bec then you need to power the rx with a separate battery pack but all the esc's servo wires i.e red, black and white/orange stay connected.

markjames68

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »

Thanks for the pointers and help, got everything working spot on, the esc came with the red and black lead removed, ive put them back and all is perfect, i assumed they had to be left off if another batt was powering the rx,

Thanks once again
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.