Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2CV citroens and model cars  (Read 1682 times)

birlinn

• Full Mayhemer
  • Old git in a garage
2CV citroens and model cars
« on: June 15, 2018, 09:22:03 pm »

Got one or two old cars, and have now been modelling for 70 years (!), so I though I would do a bit of card modelling. Although I have a 2CV, this model is of the earlier ripple bonnet version, in fact one of the Slough built ones. Based on a free Japanese download, it's been modified a bit. 1:24 scale; I printed it on photo paper.
Or would Sir prefer it in blue? A 1959 French built car.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 2CV citroens and model cars
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:27 pm »

Please what is the link, living now in France and once owning a 2CV (the charlston...special maroon and black version) I would love to have a go, I am currently doing a 1/24 Citroen Fourgon type H wagon (no not steam powered).... ok2
Steamed up all the time

birlinn

• Full Mayhemer
  • Old git in a garage
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 07:42:10 am »

Hi Phil;
Google PaperCraft Square 2CV, and you should find quite a few versions, including a Charleston. Mine were based on the red 1955 one, with a bit of computer work to follow. The wheels, number plates and grille on the red one are photos of the real car, not from the download.
I have just bought 20 model H vans! They are actually biscuit tins full of delicious Normandy galettes, and I hope to have them available at the 2CVGB National.
Five versions- Gendarmerie, Postes, Sapeurs, Citroen, and the bakery's own logo.
I've been doing a bit of 1:24 plastic modelling too- pic is a model of my own car, ready for it's French trip- we got back from Normandy two weeks ago. It started out as a Revell Charleston, modified to right hand drive and Special, rather than Club spec. door cards, steering wheel and instrument panel
Phil

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:48:24 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 03:04:46 pm »

Excellent work.
I'm a huge fan of the 2CV - for its day, it was incredibly advanced and the steering/suspension/transaxle solution is inspired.My friend has a Lomax 223 kit car with 2CV mechanicals - so simple, so robust.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.