Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Batteries & Chargers

Lipo query

(1/2) > >>

dgp1957:
Hi vary unsure about lipo batteries, I have a new peak racing powerplant lipo battery 3s 4000may 45c battery and a new Overlander RC6-vsr charger, the charging process looks straightforward, however do I connect the balancing lead from the battery into the charger at the same time as I am charging the battery?
Also will I be able to charge the battery, then store it in a lipo safety bag for a couple of days?

David

dgp1957:
Sorry, as the battery is 4000mAh, I charge at 4 amps, is that correct?

craggle:
I don't have the same charger but mine does require both the balance cable and the main power cables to be connected. I have tried charging without either one connected and the charger is intelligent enough to know that the cables aren't connected and shows an error.

Unless you are in a real rush I wouldn't charge at 4amps. I charge mine at 1 amp and it take 4 hours. Charge it at 500ma and it will take 8 hours etc.

Craig.

dgp1957:
Cheers  :-))

McGherkin:
So you can charge using some chargers without using the balance lead, but you are best off doing a balance charge in which it charges the battery then balances the cells, so plug it in.

Keeping your batteries in a Lipo bag is best practice. You don't have to take it out after a couple of days.

You will be fine to charge at 4 amps. Some batteries allow you to charge faster but a '1c' charge rate is typically fine for LiPos. 4000mah = 4ah so 1C is 4a.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version