Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is life such a 'unfortunate' for some people  (Read 2308 times)

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Why is life such a 'unfortunate' for some people
« on: June 19, 2018, 07:41:47 pm »

Hi all to jump straight in. My missus broke her back 2 yrs ago, ok you all say she's lucky she can still walk (although she is always in pain) it's taken me 16 yrs to convince her to marry me (mainly due to how i looked after her after the incident) (11 August is the lucky day)she is the kindest person you will ever meet and would give you her last penny or help in any way she can. Yesterday she was trying on a new t shirt she bought and the tag hit her in the eye, so what you may say but she was in agony I drove her to the Dr and it turns out she's scratched her cornea, the Dr gave her drops and they actually seem to make it worse. Why is it that a kind and caring person has to suffer for some stupid reason, I've broken bones (doing stupid things that benefited none) Pam only does kind things and always puts others before herself. We sit here telly off lights off as they hurt her eyes if they're on i get the sense she would scratch her eyes out they are so painful. I don't understand, I would willingly take the pain, and worse, what I don't understand is why Pam, she is kind has only ever been the same. I was not like that in my youth I hated bullies and went out of my way to deal with them, Pam has not a bad word for anyone and only sees the best in people why is it fate seems to only deal her the crap hand.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Why is life such a 'unfortunate' for some people
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:35:40 pm »

Ouch  <:( Sadly it seems that Cancer takes the good people, though God forbid Pam gets that menace. I hope that it will be a fortnight of irritation before it heals and that her sight isn't impaired.

Please pass Pam my kindest regards and for a speedy recovery.
Pond weed is your enemy

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:40:41 pm »

Thanks mate i will.

johnv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 10:14:26 pm »

Hi my daughter is only 45 and she has lung cancer .My only wish is if I could take it off her and have it myself .The trouble is we all have our problems cheers John V .I hope you can soon get over yours

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 03:21:14 am »

I do not know why anyone gets sick.  <:(
One of our grand daughters at the age of 4 had A.L.L.
She was thankfully cured and now 20, is starting a nursing course because of what she endured.
It was heartbreaking to see her go through the treatment but our childrens cancer hospital staff were fantastic.
I had a clock gearwheel hit my eye on Chrismas Eve one year.   Thank you all the hospital staff that were on duty that night.  :-)) :-)) :-))

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 06:51:10 am »

Thanks for all the kind replays guys

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 03:49:47 pm »

I don't know what works with dimmer switches nowadays since filament lights are disappearing for the more eco friendlier florescent types, maybe the led types, it may be worth changing the bulbs to low level bulbs to help with the pain, and a good pair of sunglasses for watching the TV with, hope she recovers soon.

As for the subject heading - its always the way, you may be the best person in the world but life has a habit of throwing the curve balls your way and not towards those who should suffer
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 04:55:29 pm »

All the best Pam!

All sorts of physiological, psychological, metaphysical, astronomical, esoteric reasons Ken but I thinks mainly something to do with the hand we're dealt.

Chin up, Pam has you, so that's blessing.   ..... on the other hand, now we have a date, we're all coming to the wedding!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.