Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hitec Optima 6 not linking  (Read 1588 times)

pdq

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hitec Optima 6 not linking
« on: June 24, 2018, 09:28:30 pm »

Hi everyone, i have a Hitec Optic 5 transmitter and trying to bind with a new Optima 6 receiver. I press and hold the link on the receiver having turned on transmitter but it just flashes red. If i do not hold down the link initially then it is just solid red. When i press the link button on the transmitter to scan for frequencies it does'nt pick anything up. The receiver is getting power from the battery through a lead on a dedicated ACTion board. Anyone experienced this or what am i doing wrong? Thanks as ever PAUL

tony52

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hitec Optima 6 not linking
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:37:41 am »

With the receiver being new, it could possibly be that the firmware in the 2.4module on the Optic 5 transmitter needs an upgrade, this is done by using a Hitec HPP-22. It happened to me with my Optic 6 transmitter when I bought a new Minima receiver. All was ok after the firmware was upgraded.

I did a post and photograph back in 2014 on the Model Boats magazine forum -

https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=100763

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 10:33:40 am »

It's not very clear from your description if you have put the transmitter into bind mode before trying to set up the receiver. Hold the bind button down on the transmitter before switching it on then let go of the bind button. The LED on the transmitter should be flashing red to bind with Optima receiver. Now you can set up the receiver by holding down the bind button while powering up.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

pdq

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 10:57:31 am »

Many thanks Tony and Jim.

Tony -  I have read other posts where firmware was an issue so thanks for mentioning it. I looked at the HPP-22 description on the Hitec website and it does not say it supports Optic 5 although it does say it supports Optic 6! I will ask....

Jim - Sorry if description was not clear and yes i have done that as well to no avail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.