Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: twin rx  (Read 3031 times)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
twin rx
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:46 am »

Is it possible to bind two rx to one tx?  I ask as having a ten foot hull, split in the centre, there are various relays I want to come on at same time, hoping this will allow a great reduction in cable running through the joining bulkheads.

Bob

I will finish this model

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: twin rx
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 10:47:59 am »

With simple sets, yes. 
I have seen threads elsewhere that suggest that more complex outfits than mine (a HK-T4A V2) default to whatever was the last bound.  This "might" be the result of having remote telemetry in the system, it seems logical that the single telemetry receiver in the system (i.e. the one in the transmitter) can only deal with signals from one source at a time. 
Sets with multi model memories might create their own confusion as well.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 06:01:08 pm »

This has been on before, one of our members, using a 4 channel 40 meg set did just that. Two corvettes, one on the left channel and the other on the right. Ok going away but fun and games coming towards you. neme sis

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 08:30:01 pm »

My 20foot long Bulk Carrier has 2 RXs, one up the front for the Bow Thruster and the other at the back for the Rudder and Thrust Propeller. It is a Planet T5 system.

Len.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:13:23 am »

This has been on before, one of our members, using a 4 channel 40 meg set did just that. Two corvettes, one on the left channel and the other on the right. Ok going away but fun and games coming towards you. neme sis
Binding is not a problem with 40 or 27 MHz.  Just a question of having the same crystals in the receivers.  Different makes and versions of 2G4 sets have different designs and software, which work differently to each other.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 11:01:37 am »

If using a Tx with telemetry you might find that there is the option of receivers without telemetry. e.g.
Hitec have Optima receivers with telemetry and Minima without. FrSky receivers can be set up with or without telemetry when binding.As long as only one of the receivers has telemetry you can bind more than one Rx to the trransmitter.Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 03:51:10 pm »

Yes done that myself with 40 meg, that's not problem at all, in fact dead easy, but I use 2.4 mghz now
I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 03:52:18 pm »

If using a Tx with telemetry you might find that there is the option of receivers without telemetry. e.g.
Hitec have Optima receivers with telemetry and Minima without. FrSky receivers can be set up with or without telemetry when binding.As long as only one of the receivers has telemetry you can bind more than one Rx to the trransmitter.Jim

Thanks, sort of hoping for that, :-))

Bob
I will finish this model

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 01:11:24 pm »

Hi ..... a bit more input for you on this topic.Modern 2.4GHz sets that use frequency hopping will almost certainly have problems in binding 2 RX's to the same transmitter.The now discontinued (but lots come up on eBay) Planet sets will allow you to do this ...... we have many truck modellers in our Club that do this.Also it is possible using the FlySky sets sold in the UK by Turnigy, however you have to turn off the frequency hopping function.
If you want to know more ...... just ask on the forum and I'll give you further help.

The Old Fart

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 01:49:39 pm »

Flysky FS-i6X, 10 channel from Banggood, buy without receiver.

Turnigy / flysky 9X8Cv2 receivers, again from banggood.

Transmitter, system, rx setup, change to AFHDS. not  AFHDS 2A.

bind as normal, watch led in receivers, steady when bound. TX will not confirm as bound.

As a test, I have 2 receivers on my workbench working from 1 transmitter.

As Steve says, does not channel hop, or receive telemetry from the RX units

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 09:16:01 am »

For those who say that it can't be done two receivers from one transmitter is standard in large model aircraft. They normally have half the controls operated by each Rx. This is with full channel hopping and telemetry, in fact a setup that doesn't channel hop would not be allowed for safety.I use an FrSky setup with two receivers in a jet linked by s-bus for redundancy, both bound to the same transmitter. One was bound as non-telemetry at the start. This is with the EU compatible firmware that does not allow for non channel hopping.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 10:42:39 am »

Hi Rob47 ...... Re Jim's input above. He is correct, you just have to be sure that the TX and Rx (i.e. 2) that you use will work in this manner. I have quite a lot of radio's and some of them won't do it.
If you go for a decent quality set up, something like Spektrum or Futaba (and Jeti depending on your budget) then you should have no problems. As an example the Spekrum DX8 or DX9 will work as you require.You would be best advised if buying some gear to talk to one of the dealers involved with high-end aircraft models (jets etc) as they will be knowledgeable in this area and will have customers who have 2 receiver installations.

The Old Fart

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 10:52:30 am »

Is it possible to bind two rx to one tx?  I ask as having a ten foot hull, split in the centre, there are various relays I want to come on at same time, hoping this will allow a great reduction in cable running through the joining bulkheads.
Bob

Flysky have an iBus to PPM 10 channel unit. This duplicates the 10ch RX, but it's only 1 RC lead between rx and unit.
Code: [Select]

https://www.banggood.com/IBus-To-PPM-Converter-With-10-Channels-PPM-And-S-Bus-Output-p-1099337.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Dave

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 06:05:35 pm »

Hi ..... a bit more input for you on this topic.Modern 2.4GHz sets that use frequency hopping will almost certainly have problems in binding 2 RX's to the same transmitter.The now discontinued (but lots come up on eBay) Planet sets will allow you to do this ...... we have many truck modellers in our Club that do this.Also it is possible using the FlySky sets sold in the UK by Turnigy, however you have to turn off the frequency hopping function.
If you want to know more ...... just ask on the forum and I'll give you further help.

Steve any help appreciated most, of the terminology is going over my head I am hoping to use Fly sky, FSCT6B as used it already and found it very easy to use.  So a how to do it would be great.
Bob

I will finish this model

The Old Fart

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 06:11:54 pm »

Bob,which transmitter are you using?
edit:  Found it,   suggest you get a fsky FS-I6X 10 channel, with FS-IA10B receiver. This has ibus which allows for a remote, duplicate, set of servo outputs.

btw, Steve and I are from the same boat club, and chat about this offline.

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 10:07:30 pm »

Bob,which transmitter are you using?
edit:  Found it,   suggest you get a fsky FS-I6X 10 channel, with FS-IA10B receiver. This has ibus which allows for a remote, duplicate, set of servo outputs.

btw, Steve and I are from the same boat club, and chat about this offline.

TOF, thank you both, found the tx and rx, rather nice looking and v good price, if you like we could continue this by pm or email.  But things getting clearer (I think)

Bob

I will finish this model
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.