Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bonus. 4th anniversary  (Read 1162 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Bonus. 4th anniversary
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:58:22 am »

Bonus.  4th anniversary

Yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my new outlook on life, helping me to appreciate each day as it opens before me.

When I was born the male life expectancy was sixty eight.  Passing that was a significant milestone for me as I decided to change my attitude towards things over which I have no control.  I am already 4 years ahead of the game so every new day is a bonus.

I started by putting all my affairs in order, then invested in making the house eco efficient for ease of maintenance and low running costs.  Why waste funds that could otherwise be spent on improving the quality of life.  I next bought a new small car that was extremely cheap to run and will hopefully will give me reliable service for many years.

I now focus on the things in life that are truly important to me.  No rush.  No deadlines. No worries.  I am in accord with the Fates.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: Bonus. 4th anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 12:17:20 pm »

Nicely put Bob :-))
"Carpe Diem" since every day IS a bonus.
Best Wishes for lots of them

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 03:20:37 pm »

Well Bob, calculating things can be a funny thing :o.......for my NSW motor transport vehicle registration in April this year ...I decided I needed to shod my 10 year old vehicle with a new set of tyres [205/50R16].......

I usually get about 65,000 km per set....so if I am now averaging about 2,000 km per year in retirement...... they should last until I am about 100 years old   :kiss:

It is one of these......but in white
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 05:05:22 pm »

65,000km for a set of tyres? You aren't having enough fun!  {-)

My life expectancy says I'll get to 92... Given that I'll be working (in a physically intensive job!) until I'm 65 at least, I'll laugh if I reach that. Still, enjoy it while you can!

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 07:13:58 pm »

Yes I did the same thing last year, after a long spell in hospital- so I said to myself s-- the nephews I'm going to spend my money on ME, ME, ME, and one thing I bought for myself is a Jag XJ-S V12 5.3 liter convertible to add to my stable.

LB

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 09:43:13 pm »

Mmmmmmm Nice  8)

Good for you Bob. have fun and damn the torpedoes!
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 23 queries.