Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplex Jetimodel 24 channel rc gear  (Read 1624 times)

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
Duplex Jetimodel 24 channel rc gear
« on: June 28, 2018, 12:27:40 am »

Hi I am looking at a Duplex DS24 system 24 channel radio control from Jeti models for my next project Schnellboot is any one using this system at present as I am wanting to purchase the best RC gear that I can open to any and all input for large multi channel rc gear tassie48

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Duplex Jetimodel 24 channel rc gear
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 01:54:20 am »

I had a DC16 a while back and yes it's an incredible system, and one that served me very well flying, however going Jeti has a few negative points
- Upgrades aren't free, modules aren't free, getting it to do the basic things found on other radios isn't free. You get 50 euros worth of credit to spend on the Jeti store, but that buys you three cheaper modules.
- Receivers start at £60 each for a 6 channel- It is more than you'd ever need in a boat, period. They're aimed at the highest level pro model aircraft and heli flyers that are in comps or shows, so dropping that much cash on a radio for a boat is, in my opinion, senseless.
Personally, now that I've stopped flying and have gone back to boats I've now gone with a Taranis. Is you're after a tray radio, go for a Horus. The Taranis is 32 channel and is almost as good in quality (hall effect gimbals are available, and I have them), and is leagues more programmable than the Jeti. Upgrades are open source and free, and a 16 channel Rx will set you back half a 6 channel Jeti.

Of course, the one thing the Jeti can do for you that the Taranis can't is play Tetris....

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 04:22:40 am »

I second Andyn's recommendation for the FrSky Horus X12.  it is the closest equivalent to the DS-24 that you are looking at.  one point that andyn didn't bring up is that you could probably buy 4 of the Horus X12 transmitters for the cost of one DS-24 transmitter.

https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-horus-x12s-2.4ghz-transmitter

as all modern 2.4ghz computerized radios go, it has gobs of functionality (any channel can be mixed with any channel in any way), extreme programability, tons of memory (60 models immediately available, with the ability to save/restore an unlimited number to near local memory), and telemetry.

as for games, i don't know if tetris is available, but this is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzhMpnQMFKE

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 11:45:17 am »

Did forget to mention that, although it does have an inbuilt 60 model memory, mine came with an SD card, so memories are now pretty much unlimited.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:52:01 am »

With the Taranis (sorry for jumping on another op's post) can it be used with two receivers? I'm thinking 1 receiver in main craft and a second receiver in a smaller attendant craft - this second only needing speed and rudder control. In other words control two models, main craft would be stationary while second craft was in use.

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:02:37 pm »

This guy has done it for channels 1-8 then 9-16 on another receiever. I think you'd need to send it so that if you were using say left stick for mother ship then right stick for second ship then you'd need to change the output of channel 2 and 3 to channel 9 and 10. That's easily done, it has it's own screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFuSzOhe1bE

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 04:02:38 pm »

this could get confusing...  there are model memories in the transmitter (i will call "mmodels" in this reply) and the actual model boat ( i will call these "boats" in this reply).  hopefully this will reduce confusion on which "model" i am referring to.

like any other 2.4ghz radio, you can bind the transmitter to multiple receivers...  including two or more receivers to the same  mmodel.  you can also define exactly which switch, knob or stick is connected to which servo output socket on which receiver.  that would allow you to use the left stick for the "big boat" and the right stick for the "little boat".

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 10:23:30 pm »

Looking for the best system with at least 24 channels as the crew are animated on board this model hence the post need to control three props fwd the middle engine has reverse the two flank engines are ahead only no reverse feature looked at  these RC seems to be good gear this model will have one set of RC and not for any other model just this build so not to worried about other model usage as this is the one and only system on what I plan to purchase tassie48

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 10:37:15 am »

Each to their own, but like I say, the DS24 is way more than you'd ever need in a boat...

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 11:29:38 am »

I am a Jeti fan - I love the quality of their kit.

One thing to consider is regardless of how many channels you have how do you actually control them with sticks/ switcdes/ sliders etc - I  appreciate you can map any channel to any control surface but how many physical controls do you have on a DC 24 that are proportional controls vs. 2 or 3 way switches

Check that out before getting a surprise - I think the dc-16 has 8 proportional controls - all the rest are switches

Also a significant feature (cost) of the DC-24 is dual TX link 2.4ghz and 900mhz

C-3PO

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.