The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Submarines

engel nautilus motor

<< < (2/3) > >>

Subculture:
Please define normal.

Lipo, Nimh or sealed lead acid can be used with brushless, but watch your current draw, and ensure the batteries can deliver if you're going for performance. Lipo are best in that respect.

raven:
hi m8
looking for a motor/esc combo//
is the 37oo better than the 4800 set up sry but noob to brushless
thx againEVKX

Subculture:
What's the 3700 and 4800 referring to, is this something to do with Engel?

Most brushless motors commonly available are going to be a bit too high revving without some form of gearing. The motor i posted earlier is of the lowest KV motors available that retains a sensible size.

The Engel Nautilus is approximately 1/32 scale, and the prop size is around 4", that's a big old blade to chuck around.

Davy1:

Hi Raven,

This discussion link may give you some useful information.

http://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com/t1427-going-brushless?highlight=brushless

You might also think about using one of the Mtroniks Hydra combinations (brushless ESC and motor). I use the smallest one (the 15 I think) in all my subs now. Some small problems over the years but Mtroniks provide good after sales service.

Thinking about your sub, some people go for direct drive but you have a big prop and so gearing may be best but try it without first. (I still always use 3:1) I mostly do subs with twin props now so I use two motors. You may wish to step up a size for your model but you are only replacing a brushed 540.

David

raven:
hi dave
thx for reply m8 im new to brushless motors
do you know what one is better (or link to it)
sorry for questions
regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version