Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pefferside Park Dingwall  (Read 4208 times)

david48

• Full Mayhemer
Pefferside Park Dingwall
« on: June 29, 2018, 11:53:04 am »

Please can someone tell me if the sail at Pefferside Park at Dingwall is ON or OFF , I have not seen any more about it  .
Thank you
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pefferside Park Dingwall
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 05:40:02 pm »

Darts posted that it was definitely OFF recently.  Local paper (Prees & Journal had an article with news of plans to renovate the Dingwall park).    To follow-up an idea, I took a wander through the campus grounds of the University College of the Highlands ( I think is it`s title)  having learned of their lochans.   Situated almost in the countryside it has an impressive main building not unlike an ocean liner in shape.  At first sight the water looks perfect in places but on closer inspection it  is only a few inches deep, perhaps 6"or 8".  Algae and weed has started to invade this feature to render a lovely piece of water unusable for model boating.   Maybe the current hot weather ( 30C as I write) is responsible.  Whin Park  pond is also  starting to grow a clumps of submerged weed, no algae so far.  Picture later.
..well can you land on this?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 08:07:09 pm »

Highland College ponds

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 08:12:24 pm »

Plant growth on Whin Park pond, Inverness.  27th June 2018

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 06:55:18 pm »

Can you tell me who is organising the sailing. I knew a lad from Nairn area that was trying to get something going

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 09:22:17 pm »

That was Darts26.  He posted that the Dingwall planned event was not going ahead. I don't think he has posted since.  I don't have any contact method for him apart from PM on here. I`m sure we would love to see you guys down here for a wee sail again,

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 06:55:35 am »

That would be great. Our pond is in the same state and the club are using a small loch/lake in the middle of the country.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:33 am »

It is about time we had north of Scotland regatta. Inverness is the logical location , Whin Park pond is perfect if the council would give permission to  an organised club. Maybe the "Federation" could assist ?   Invitations to central belt and other areas of the country might be welcomed by boaters wanting a Highland holiday and of course save a long(er) journey for people like yourself Wicker. Maybe west coast and and Moray coast boaters might be persuaded to attend.   loch Insh , a bit further south at Kincraig would be an alternative if "big water" was needed for yachts or fast electric plus has a small sheltered lagoon and canal for docking and tugging. They cater for the seaplane modellers each September so are familiar with the requirements  etc. Anybody like to toss in some ideas ?

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 04:38:46 pm »

Hi Arrow5----Dart26 is the lad from Nairn that I know and spoke to him about it

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 04:49:25 pm »

Where's the smoke?! - love that Puffer!  ok2
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RST

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 07:14:42 pm »

I dragged myself out to the College pond this past Sunday morning.

I finally had something finished to sail -a 1:48 trumpeter PT boat I built over xmas holiday and converted to RC.  The college pond is perfect!!!  Can get right to waters edge, totally weed free, sheltered.  Perfect for small models.  Its been so long since I had anything on the water I got some mojo back on other projects.  Shame I work in France at the moment, travelled back today but I'll be back at the pond next time I'm home.

Rich

RST

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 08:06:08 pm »

Sorry, should have updated a pic of the access you get at the college pond the other week.  You couldn't really ask for better.  I was a bit confused about vehicular access so parked in the visitor car park to be sure about 5 mins away, but everyone else who was walking around just parked up right next to the pond so perhaps it's OK out of hours.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 08:48:36 pm »

Wow , looks weedfree . Wonder if they are treating it ?

RST

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 09:08:04 pm »

Easter weekend (ish).  Didn't you have a cold snap the week before?  That end of the lake was totally clear.  One Mallard and one Swan when I turned up I was a bit worried about -but both left pretty quickly when they couldn't smell any bread.  I could imagine it gets weeded up when weather gets warmer though -we've already got algae blooms and really sticky weed like your other pics in similar ponds out here near Versailles which destroyed my hopes of testing a new model in recently.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.