Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rother Class Lifeboat "RNLB Duke of Kent"  (Read 29855 times)

17-09

• Full Mayhemer
  • Do it nice or do it twice !
Re: Rother Class Lifeboat "RNLB Duke of Kent"
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:29 am »

Charlie,
 I would personally go down the fabrication route, the shape of the upper plates would be built onto the hull giving you the perfect shape of your hull and a good strong joint, you could use wood or plastic to make these. The vertical section with all the detail could then be added from whatever material you prefer, I think again would use a thick styrene, easily machined or constructed with normal hand tools, drill/filed, this would be  followed by the skid, again from bent styrene or even metal section which could be easily pinned to the vertical plate because it has a good cross section thickness.
My skid, the part that runs on the cradle, had a round section where yours has it square which is easier to attach. Moulding one in resin or white metal would be good but you have to make a master anyway.
 Regards  17-09   (Alan)

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2018, 06:51:00 pm »

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, it is much appreciated. I will mull over my next steps, and hopefully (if the temperature warms up in the shop) make some progress. I will of course provide an update here when I have anything to show.
Charlie

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2019, 09:34:58 pm »

A little progress to report. Fore and Aft deck beams are now fitted. The steering gear is sorted, and the mould for the GRP Wheelhouse is progressing.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2019, 09:57:41 pm »

Looking good Charlie - this is another one for me to catch up with - I'm off back to page one for a memory jogger  :-))

Regards,
Ray.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.