Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you have planned for today?  (Read 1505 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
What do you have planned for today?
« on: July 08, 2018, 12:28:26 pm »

This morning I have been sorting and putting into order some of the rats nest of wiring on my current build. Adding lighting circuits as I have gone along because many of them will be inaccessible when it is finished, has meant I currently have 9 ground/earth wires (there are more but some are soldered in to those first 9) and 22 feed wires to various lighting circuits. So far I have managed to get them mostly in control, bundled together and sleeving over the top.
Now I just need to get out the circuit tester and put them into order before inserting the terminals back into the multi plugs, I've got 31 wires down to 3 bundles terminating at 4 multi plugs.
This afternoon will be spent watching and hoping that Lewis Hamilton can add another British Grands Prix to his tally.
Oh one last thing, today like the rest of the past week, the UK is hotter than over here in Spain :-))

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: What do you have planned for today?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:58:47 pm »

I went to a breakfast charity event in a village south of Crewkerne, went shopping, had lunch, base coated some Italian figurines, added some meat to a WW2 Desert wargames scenario and am now considering the cooling delight of some fruit cocktail and choccy ice cream for tea with a doughnut  :}

I am going to paint some anchor chain brown this evening.
Pond weed is your enemy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 04:51:06 pm »

Nothing model wise......too hot in the workshop......and it stinks of rotten spuds [therein lies a tale], just finished watching the Grand Prix...............done some washing and hung out to dry, and think i'll mow the lawn this evening, played ball with the dog, and then might go out for a beer.

that's about it......mundane I know but quiet, peaceful and serene in this fantastic weather we are having...…...couldn't be better.

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 05:30:31 pm »

Trips to the tip......got rid of old summerhouse ready for garden makeover.
Jet wash patio.
On computer drawing HMS Hood in AutoCad.
Worn out with the heat but trying not to moan too much, before long it's going to be -10 and we will all bw wishing for summer!
Strangely quite around the house as my lad has just left to go on a 4 week trip to Ecuedor before he goes onto Uni........ :-))
"Give me a ping Vasili. One ping only, please"

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 07:37:42 pm »

We have our son here for a 10 day break at the moment. He's a nurse in the overflow unit for accident and emergency at Hull hospital but has royally been hacked off for a few years now.  Back in early May he applied for paramedic training at Yorkshire Ambulance,  did 2 full days going through the selection process, then  2 half days attending medicals and a fitness day (yep they put him through  various running and weightlifting trials) Told he had been selected but then heard nothing.
Wouldn't you know it, they emailed him on friday to see if he could start on the 22nd. Of course he had to decline because he has to give a months notice of leaving nursing. He still has a post to go to but the induction for training is now the 20th August, foreshorted to take into account his nurse training,but he has to do 4 weeks advanced driver training to obtain a license to drive on blue lights and sirens.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 11:54:54 pm »

He's worth his weight in gold as all NHS staff are. I wish him well.
Pond weed is your enemy

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:56:39 pm »

Well, stayed in to watch on the box the historic RAF fly past  over London .   10 minutes later the historic flight still in tight .formation together with all the helicopters obliged us with a rooftop height flypast at the bottom of our garden  ( They come down low to pass under the commercial flight path out of Heathrow) enough excitement for one day.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.