Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > The "Black Arts!" ( Electrics & Electronics )

P94 mixer

<< < (4/4)

Stavros:
I personally think the answer to this is simply to Phone Component shop

Dave

tsenecal:
something like this keeps my submarine's servos happy.

wrap the servo wire from the servo (or ESC) to the receiver a couple times through the ring

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12pcs-Ferrite-Ring-Toroid-Core-330nH-T-7mm-ID-13mm-OD-5mm-H/131844529483?hash=item1eb28bdd4b%3Ag%3AEWIAAOSwbYZXW0wy&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=12mm+OD+ferrite+ring&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Bob K:
I reckon Stavros has stated the obvious route to a solution.

Also, it is always good practice to keep the DC wiring loomed separately and away from the sensitive control wiring.  tie-wrap them all together may look neat, but . . .

malcolmfrary:
The more information, the nearer the answer. 
Motor generated noise, if not suppressed at the motor will be reflected all the way back to the power source through the ESC, and radiated from the wiring.  While the radio might not pick this up and try to use it as a signal, the servo lead could be affected and cause the servo to respond. especially in a "tidy" layout with the servo lead strapped to the power wires.
Another one of those cases where judicious use of a servo tester would cough up useful clues.
A couple of turns of the servo lead through a ferrite ring to form a toroidal choke as near as possible to the servo might help.  Such windings work best if they are firmly taped down.  Feeding a length of sticky tape through the hole with the wire can be tricky - better to take the tape round the "rim".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version