Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRISHCARGUY  (Read 1279 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
IRISHCARGUY
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:14:29 pm »

I am very relieved and glad to tell all that might have been worried and who contacted me to ask whether I had heard from Mick lately, that he is alive and reasonably well, but in great spirits but also in great pain, after a bad fall just over 3 weeks ago.

we have just had 45 minutes talking on the phone and he tells me that he was down at the workshop/garage that he does his business at, 3 weeks ago when whilst lifting a sheet of 8' x 4' 25mm ply he fell backwards onto a couple of MGB stub axles and some other suspension parts, which dug into his back...…..and the plywood sheet fell on top of him...….he was lay there for nearly 4 hours in agony before a friend realised that there was a problem with him not answering the phone, and came to his aid.

he is very battered and bruised but in good spirits and wishes us all a lovely sunny summer, and hopes to be back at the computer within a week, unless some kind person can set it up by his bedside, as he is confined to his pit for complete bed rest on the doctors orders for the time being.

a lucky escape some would say...……..I told him he was a silly stubborn old fart, who should get someone in to shift his 8x4's....he'll never learn O0 :-)) 

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: IRISHCARGUY
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 07:37:49 pm »

Neil,
Really sorry to hear about that. I have had on an off contact with him over the years and it is clear that he is one of those guys who never gives up. As you say, he will never learn.
If you have the opportunity please do pass on my very best wishes to him and tell him to take things a bit easier in future.

Colin

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 08:06:00 pm »

Send Mick my best.

Bob

Officially a GOG.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »

Get well soon! Car bits can be troublesome whether stuck on the car or not.
Pond weed is your enemy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:46:34 pm »

thanks guys I will...….Colin...…….I tell him that practically every week, but you have probably gathered the same that [ and I've told him] he's a stubborn old sod...……..but hopefully if his friend sorts the pooter out for him to use by the bedside, he'll read this and may take notice, lol.

thanks all.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 03:04:41 am »

Yes, get well soon Mick.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 06:41:02 am »

Thanks for letting us know Neil as I’ve not heard from Mick in weeks - get well soon Mick  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.