The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Any Other Builds

Jetty project

<< < (2/9) > >>

freelancer:
Hi tigerTiger

It appears you belong to a model club with many youngsters...here are two additional ideas that may interest you for a club project
Before i designed and built the jettys, my first attempt to enhance the sailing at the lake was to build a facade with a Coast Guard theme.
The facade was built from plywood and it simply hung over the top rail on the wooden dock. It was fun however when the jettys were built this was no longer
a priority

2. The least expensive option for a club is to buy a 20 foot long piece of canvas,the same height as the distance from waterline to top of dock , some paints and have your club members paint a skyline of their choosing. The canvas backdrop would be unrolled and setup with weights in a matter of minutes. It is 2D but would give the youngsters an inexpensive project.

Cheers

ballastanksian:

I love your Jetties and feel like building one or two for my club!

tigertiger:
If I had access to a piece of water I think I would too. :-)
I was thinking that at the scale of the ones above, old plastic pop/soda bottles would be great for flotation.

freelancer:
Hello fellow modelers and in particular those who commented on the jetty posts

I have recently modified two jettys to match the role of the model being launched.
The jetty is positioned a few yards from shore parallel to the shoreline, held in position by two lead weights one suspended over each end.
This deployment is an option to the one which is attached to a long gangway secured to the shoreline. The advantage to this deployment is
that i can approach the jetty docking as accurately as possible and carry on in the same direction. As unrealistic as it may be, it is another variation which gives me more fun factor.

Check out more on our blog

longlakeharbour.blogspot.ca

Cheers

ballastanksian:
It looks good and enhances your hobby. Those are the main things Freelancer  :-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version