Mess Deck: General Section > Model Boat Links

ESC

(1/2) > >>

Angus64:
Hi model boaters. I have not been on this forum for a while so I have a bit of catching up to do. I have just started building another boat, This time it's a luxury yacht at 1.5 metres & using two 300 watt 13 pole dc brushed motors, still working on the hull, but I wanted to know do I need two ESCs to run the the motors to gether or can I use one esc. I want to use Viper 75 amp esc As I have them in my other two boats & I cant fault them with the 75 amp forward & 75 amp reverse makes it realy easy to manuver the boats around. I am sure someone out there has been through this type of fit up before & can help me out with what works & what doesn't work. I have allways found this forum a great place to get the right advise. Thanks.Angus.

canabus:
Hi Angus64
Nice to see you back, from a fellow Tassie !!!
Which end of the island are you at ???
I am in Hobart.
We sail at the Lauderdale canal Saturday mornings.
If you are happy with the Viper 75Amp ESCs why change !!!
Canabus

JimG:
With brushed motors you only need one esc to control both. You would only need two esc if you wanted independent control of each motor to help steering.
Jim

Martin [Admin]:

Dual ESC for Dual motor boats is always a good option.... for your tight manoeuvre in Monaco / Saint-Tropez /  St. Michel ... obviously!

Even if you don't use it, it's nice to know you have it in  your back pocket!  :-)

Angus64:
Thanks for the advice, I thought one might work but wasn't sure. I have two proboat ESC 50 amp just incase I needed to experement with the ESCs I didn't want buy two of of mtronics Viper 75 amp ESCs they don't come that cheap at 124.99 UK pounds- $222.74 Aust. They are the best unit if you are running big motors & well worth fitting in your boat. Thanks all for your help.

Canabus asked where I live, I am in the north west Tas at Penguin & sail my boats on the lake in hiscutt park not a big lake but big enough for model boats. Happy sailing. :-)) Angus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version