Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESC  (Read 3177 times)

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
ESC
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:45:00 am »

Hi model boaters. I have not been on this forum for a while so I have a bit of catching up to do. I have just started building another boat, This time it's a luxury yacht at 1.5 metres & using two 300 watt 13 pole dc brushed motors, still working on the hull, but I wanted to know do I need two ESCs to run the the motors to gether or can I use one esc. I want to use Viper 75 amp esc As I have them in my other two boats & I cant fault them with the 75 amp forward & 75 amp reverse makes it realy easy to manuver the boats around. I am sure someone out there has been through this type of fit up before & can help me out with what works & what doesn't work. I have allways found this forum a great place to get the right advise. Thanks.Angus.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
Re: ESC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:44:45 am »

Hi Angus64
Nice to see you back, from a fellow Tassie !!!
Which end of the island are you at ???
I am in Hobart.
We sail at the Lauderdale canal Saturday mornings.
If you are happy with the Viper 75Amp ESCs why change !!!
Canabus

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:46:29 am »

With brushed motors you only need one esc to control both. You would only need two esc if you wanted independent control of each motor to help steering.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:42:35 am »

Dual ESC for Dual motor boats is always a good option.... for your tight manoeuvre in Monaco / Saint-Tropez /  St. Michel ... obviously!

Even if you don't use it, it's nice to know you have it in  your back pocket!  :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Angus64

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:54:24 pm »

Thanks for the advice, I thought one might work but wasn't sure. I have two proboat ESC 50 amp just incase I needed to experement with the ESCs I didn't want buy two of of mtronics Viper 75 amp ESCs they don't come that cheap at 124.99 UK pounds- $222.74 Aust. They are the best unit if you are running big motors & well worth fitting in your boat. Thanks all for your help.

Canabus asked where I live, I am in the north west Tas at Penguin & sail my boats on the lake in hiscutt park not a big lake but big enough for model boats. Happy sailing. :-)) Angus.

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 07:18:11 pm »

As mentioned before, two ESC's will allow more more and better maneuverability. Another option is to take a look at Action Electronics throttle/Rudder mixer. Here is the link:http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/P40D.pdf

Dainesh

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 09:14:01 am »

Hello guys,

Now I'm working on an ESC which is able to drive two small 9g servo motors.
I have the Viribus Unitis from Trumpeter and I would like to drive it with them.
My ESC will be a mixer for throttle and direction, so it will be able to drive the two motors in a differential mode :)

Denes

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 10:43:54 am »

Hi Angus

I use Hobbywing Quicrun 60 Amp which run on 2 and 3S Lipo batteries also NIMH batteries.

Link connectors for Lipo/NIMH and the other for F/B/R , F/B and no link for forward/ reverse only.

About $45 from Banggood or Hobbyking.

I have six of these in boats and have not had a problem with them.

Canabus

PS PM your email address and I will link you to our Canal Waters Weekly news.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.