Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the temperature in your shop today?  (Read 15402 times)

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What's the temperature in your shop today?
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2022, 04:48:01 pm »

Simple answer stay out and have some tins in the fridge and just relax. Not been in my shop all week just leave door open during day the so the heat does not damage anything.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2022, 05:05:39 pm »

Way ahead of you Stan  {-) {-) {-)
Steamed up all the time

Dreadnought

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2022, 07:09:16 am »

It was 46 degrees yesterday so no work lol  {-)
I'll go out their early this the morning for a bit and then just leave the door open.  :-))
Dave:)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2022, 09:39:33 am »

A while back I was thinking of how to cope with the heat and decided to alter my days.  I was up before 5 in the morning and working on the latest model.  So a morning's work took me into 9 or so and I thought to see how it went from there.  Pleased with the result at the end of the day, off to bed early and slept well.

The next day I was b****y knackered!  So that idea went on the pile of 'good ideas / also rans'.

Another idea I had toyed with was to use a couple of bed sheets on the roof of my shed to reflect more of the sun's rays.  There is usually no wind when it is hot so minimal needed to keep them in place.

Anyone else tried any preventative measures?
I do have a window and a door open at the same time, if you want a draft it has to have somewhere to go.  What about a fan blowing air over cold water?  You might have to wear wellies, just in case!

At home we are up early half-five or so, (well my wife is!)  and open the doors to allow a blow through of cooler air.  Then draw the curtains on the sunnyside.  We face East at the back and west at the front.

In the car I run the air con on closed circulation as it can't cope with these temperatures, also if I wear shorts I have a white hand towel across my exposed legs.  It then goes over the steering wheel when parked.

It looks like we are going to live with these temperatures for quite a while now. 

Perhaps ideal for your own solar panel system?  You can buy complete systems as sold to boat owners. 

The club has had Solar panel lighting in use for our storage containers for a few years now.

Best to accept and adapt.

Kind regards
Roy

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2022, 01:27:40 am »

Living where I do, in north east NSW, our summer temperatures are routinely in the mid 30s, so I’m used to that. However, I’ve found as I get older, it’s the humidity that affects me, whereas I can tolerate dry heat. My 12 metre by 6 metre farm shed, part of which is my hobby workshop, is colourbond steel, and can get very hot, so I have a couple of fans that circulate the air, making it tolerable. It also has big sliding doors for tractor access, and numerous windows, but on the really hot days I’ve found it much more comfortable to retreat to the air conditioned comfort of the living room😁. We have a 6 Kw solar system on the roof of the house that helps pay for the running of the air con. If all else fails, there’s always the swimming pool O0

Peter.

NickelBelter

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2022, 07:43:44 pm »

Having both an air conditioner and a shop in the basement is a blessing.  This summer we're hitting high twenties regularly, more with the humidex, but overall not as bad as it could be.  Last year it hit mid-to-high thirties without any humidity and the sidewalks in my neighbourhood buckled two feet upwards in places from the expansion.
I'm interested in tiny versions of regular size things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.