Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boaters in Skipton?  (Read 1078 times)

sonofpincher

• Shipmate
Boaters in Skipton?
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:30:40 pm »

Moved last year to friendly Skipton, from Bolton,  and an active Club,  North West Scale Model Boat Club,  using a perfect pond. Nothing close in my new area,  but access to the canal basin in Skipton. Anyone had experience of sailing on canals ( electric,  and quiet are my boats),  and is there anyone near me to join up with?

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Boaters in Skipton?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:55:56 pm »

yes, I used to sail on the Tithebarn basin at Garstang for a few years, and it was very pleasant sailing in and around the moored boats and narrowboats there......and I also used to own a narrow boat in the 1990's and kept a small boat on the boat for nice relaxing evenings moored up at a pub along the way in an evening...……..

very quiet, very peaceful and lovely surroundings, and no one ever complained.

sadly the nearest one to me, the Tithebarn basin at Garstang did, under the instructions from the local council had to put up railings close to the bank edge for health and safety reasons, thus preventing model boating activities any further.

sonofpincher

• Shipmate
Re: Boaters in Skipton?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:19:46 am »

Thanks,  Neil, I have sailed my "paddler" on the town centre basin on a quiet  summer evening, - very restful - met a few passing members of the public who were interested in what I was doing, so passed on a little of what this fascinating hobby is about.. I shall go again when it is quiet -Skipton canal is busy during the season-but it would be nice to share  the time with a shipmate - start a small sailing club,  perhaps?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.