Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taycol Brushes  (Read 1361 times)

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
Taycol Brushes
« on: August 09, 2018, 09:44:27 am »

Sorry, I somehow managed to post this earlier in the Brushless forum! You could not get a motor that is further removed from brush-less as an old Taycol.
Hi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive them. Cheers, Ian.

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Taycol Brushes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:45:42 am »

Hi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive themHi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive them. Cheers, Ian.[/size]. Cheers, Ian.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Taycol Brushes
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:27 am »

Hi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive themHi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive them. Cheers, Ian.. Cheers, Ian.
Sizing corrected -
Hi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive themHi, I have retired now and got some time to sort out projects that were on the back burner including refurbishing a couple of my Taycol motors. Has anybody found a source of the mesh needed to repair the brushes on the large series motors? I corresponded some years ago with Dodgy Geezer and others on Mayhem and I have found the Taycol site but it does not seem to have been updated in some time and the link to mesh suppliers does not work. I think I will probably just concentrate on the Supermarine and the Double Special and put the Marine 6volt and the Meteor back on the shelf for display. The Double is in an Aerokits Sea Queen and went very well but of late it sometimes refuses to start unless the shaft is given a turn and I put that down to worn brushes but if anybody has other suggestions I would be happy to receive them. Cheers, Ian.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.