Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building the Shoseimaru  (Read 1875 times)

shoseimaru

Building the Shoseimaru
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:48:50 pm »

Thank you Bluebird for the welcome. First of all I myself like working in timber and ply as well as plasticard, but only if I can scratch build. Congratulations on your 2564 it looks great and I bet it performs just like the real thing, but don't go astern for to long or the back end fills up through the rudder actuator ports, believe me I've done it. I must get down to updating my website and move it to my new service provider, but the small coble Stardust and the ASR10 on my website were made from plasticard as well. If you have any queries please ask I don't know if I can answer them all , but will always try

shoseimaru

shoseimaru

Re: Building the Shoseimaru
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:08:00 pm »

Hi Bluebird
thought this might interest you, it's how I built my latest creation and got the handle shoseimaru. If you look on www.amigo2.ne.jp/~marutake/index.htm and click on building shoseimaru picture it shows my build of a Japanese fishing boat but this time in plywood parts 1-8 are in gobbledygook but the pictures do the talking and part 9 is in English.
This came about by a fellow club member meeting Shige at the Folkestone Military Modelling show where Shige was a judge some years ago. I met him when he came to visit our lake and he then sent photos over the internet some with dimensions and it went from there. The construction method of the hull is the same as I used for 2564 but this time in 1mm and at the bow with so much flare I cross banded 3 layers of 1/64th ply in strips. Enjoy and hope I have got the web address correct

Phill aka shoseimaru

Bluebird v2

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:22:51 pm »

hi there Phill aka shoseimaru  :)

Another impressive build.   I like the bow section.   I take it that the hull was built of 1/64 ply to get the shape.   I definitely like the way you have made the winch on the back of the boat all from Plasticard.   I definitely also like the way you have set the LEDs up inside the fish finder in the wheelhouse.   If you dont mind, I will ask the moderator to move this subject of your build over to tugs and fishing boats thread where I think it would be really appreciated by more members.

aye
john e
bluebird

shoseimaru

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 07:46:02 pm »

Hi Bluebird. No problem with the change to fishing boats . Unfortunately the video on utube doesn't give a good view of the radar scanner which is better than the fish finder. Took about 3years to design and build including ayear off due to illness glad you like it.
shoseimaru

cdsc123

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 08:02:08 pm »

Many thanks for the pictures John, thats exactly what I wanted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.