Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Sweden  (Read 1181 times)

SWEnick

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello from Sweden
« on: August 26, 2018, 05:34:29 pm »

Hello everyone!

Nick here, typing away in Sweden. My career in modeling and R/C's is quite limited. My dear dad tried to get me hooked at a young age, but it was unsuccessful.

My dad mainly dabbled in R/C airplanes with a few colleagues, but I never wanted to fly them because I was always scared of breaking it in a crash. "Then we will just rebuild it" he said. The planes are still hanging from the the garage roof. Then he bought a hand built  R/C boat with the argument that it could not crash. At least not on open water. But I chickened out again because I was afraid that I would drive it out of range or the battery would die and it would be stuck out there forever. He sold it again shortly after.

Needless to say, I was quite the chicken-dropping when I was young, and in a way I feel bad for not giving it a go, to make my dad happy. Eventually, he gave it one last attempt and bought an R/C car with a one cylinder airplane engine, a starter and home made electronics.

Success! It was great  fun! It was fast, loud and turned on a dime. It went like a bat from hell and the crash was inevitable. The left rear housing for the belt and shock cracked and is sits now on the shelf in my dad's garage.

There you have it. That is my R/C career in a nutshell.

Now, some thirty-odd years later I finally decided to give this R/C thing another go.

By chance I stumbled upon John Dutton's Nautilus SSN571 on his "ScratchbuildwithJohn" homepage and enjoyed his builds very much, especially his submarine builds.

So, I guess I will be building a R/C submarine, and I will definitely be needing your help.

Best model building regards
Nick

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 06:16:05 am »

Welcome aboard :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

SWEnick

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Hello from Sweden
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:12:52 am »

Thank you!  :}
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.