Mess Deck: General Section > Humour

Hobbies can be expensive

(1/6) > >>

mrlownotes:
Definition of a radio controlled model boat ?
! A hole in the water that you pour money into !

CGAux26:
Most expensive magazine I ever bought off the newsstand was a MODEL BOATS back around 2003.  I had never seen that mag before, and it had a review of the Model Slipways Loyal class boats.  That set off my post-retirement love for scale R/C boats.  I bought the kit and built it, and have built several more since. 

And as to boats being holes in the water into which one pours money, let me quantify it for you:  The amount of money one pours into that hole is proportional to the displacement of the vessel.  So model boats are much cheaper than full size ones, of which I also owned several over my lifetime.

Martin (Admin):

--- Quote from: mrlownotes on August 27, 2018, 11:34:17 am ---Definition of a radio controlled model boat ?
! A hole in the water that you pour money into !

--- End quote ---

{-) {-) {-)

Howard:

Model boat making is a lot cheaper then knocking a  silly little white ball 18 times around a  bit of grass.
 I think model boating is a very cheap hobby, My club Goole £20 pounds a year   about 40p a week and it's a great club
 as for the cost of building or buying a kit and the joy of sailing it over a few years I bet it's no more then about a £1 a week  and when you're fed up with a model you can sell it and must will get their money back just my view but think am close to the mark.
                             Regards Howard

malcolmfrary:
Very few people come into the model boat hobby as way of getting rid of embarrassingly large quantities of surplus cash.  Some who think that a higher price tag results in something "better" do, but most are looking to stretch the money as far as possible.
The version that I heard was "A boat is a money shaped hole in the water"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version