Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not me guv!  (Read 1690 times)

LJ Crew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Not me guv!
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:14:45 pm »

I've just taken delivery of a parcel which had an estimated delivery date of 1st September. It was delivered ("signed for") today. The original packaging was damaged so it was enclosed in a Royal Mail bag which showed the original delivery label. But the new bag stated "Item Damaged before arrival in UK". The address label also shows the name and address of the sender Liverpool. Is this an attempt at "No blame"? Or do the RM need geography lessons! Back to me boats.

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Not me guv!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:28:16 pm »

I do think a lot of companies need some help with their geography, I was informed by my old mobile phone company that if I went to the Isle of Wight I would have to pay roaming charges {-) .

Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

RST

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 02:36:30 am »

Is it a real company?  Where did you order it from?
.....if it was ebay or amazon lots of sellers hide in addresses from elsewhere, it could have come ex-uk.  I know myself postage labels and invoices from Asian sellers are just pure fiction sometimes although the parcel address is UK -it didn't come from there.  Liverpool, Lowestoft, London seem to be huge for import scammers and deliveries are stamped as such in the UK as point of origin despite tracking from China.

Iwill stick-up for RM and Parcelforce every time though.  They are fantastic in almost every way to me in a non-std postcode.  I have heard every excuse under the sun for lazy couriers my way.  There is literally is no excuse.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:50:13 am »

Yep, sounds like a 'worldwide seller' using a UK agent.

.... but why did he post on a damaged item?!?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:37:22 pm »

Hi all, I ordered an item from a seller with U.K. in the name.  I had to send it back but the returns address was H.K.
Roy

RST

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:30:22 pm »

Hi all, I ordered an item from a seller with U.K. in the name.  I had to send it back but the returns address was H.K.
Roy
...sounds about right Roy.  It's getting more diffucult to buy with some security.  I got caught out cpl of times last year -dual sim industrial phone, 48hr fully tracked delivery from a London address (I paid extra for next day delivery).  Took a month to come (postage label -ex HK, no tracking apart from garbled details), when it came, second sim didn't work -sent them photos of the second sim card slot had not been installed with any electrical contacts so no wonder it didn't work!  I just sent the phone back to the UK registered address rather than the foreign return and got a prompt refund.  No way was I sending it back to anywhere else on principle!
I've had this a few times now.  Everyone I know orders foreign OK whereas I try to buy local first or UK based because everything foreign Ido order seems to end up in the bin or going back for a refund.

Rich

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.