Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bismarck decisions  (Read 1365 times)

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
Bismarck decisions
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:57:45 am »

For long enough I have been dribbling uncontrollably over a Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200 and a  couple of weeks ago my beady eye spotted one on evilbay at an unbelievably low price so after a millisecond of hesitance the finger flew into action and my hard earned notes fluttered away to an unseen pocket miles away and a week later it arrived.  Wow, what a beast but whether to motorise or have a go at upgrading with a Pontos kit. 
I'm going to do the do the separate 'bonus' turret first just to get used to working with plastic again and as part of it is made of what looks like perspex I am wondering whether the Revell contact adhesive will be suitable.

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Bismarck decisions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:30:52 pm »

Good Morning, When you refer to Perspex, I suspect you are referring to, what we across to Pond call, Plexiglas. If that is the case, then Revell adhesive should not work. That said, I have been wrong before, I think. :embarrassed: Best bet is to check with a local glass shop and ask what they use. It may not be compatible with ABS, so use caution.Another option is to screw, using micro screws, the perspex into place if possible.

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 01:24:31 pm »

As an amendment to my previous post. Over here, "Ambroid" makes a "ProWeld" adhesive, found in many hobby stores, that will bond  Styrene, ABS and Acrylic( Lucite/Plexiglas). if you can find it, or a similar cement, it should fill your need.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 03:37:49 am »

Try Araldite.
I have used both 5 min. and full strength on Perspex.   Just wipe off any surplus before it sets.  :((
Also super glue but it may not work on other plastics and do NOT use on clear Perspex if you want to look through it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.