Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction From A New Member  (Read 1402 times)

Tobermory

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Introduction From A New Member
« on: September 09, 2018, 09:20:56 pm »

Hello. I have just registered for the forum.

I have been sailing RC yachts (very) occasionally for about 14 years. I presently sail a mini-mumm class and a Fiesta class yacht:

I have a Kyosho Fortune 612 ready to sail, but I have not used it for some years.

I also have two yachts, which I acquired a few years back with the radio gear removed:

I now have more time for sailing, and my present intention is to fit radio gear in to the Anastasia (the yacht on the left in the photo above), make a case for transporting her in and see how she handles. Although there is also an Aquataur A600 kit in the loft, which I currently expect to remain in that form, but which I could be prompted to assemble if appropriate sailing waters and other conditions present themselves.

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Introduction From A New Member
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 09:33:47 pm »

Welcome to the forum :-))

Whereabouts in Bedfordshire are you? Stevenage lake shouldn't be too far of a drive for you, sailing conditions are usually good and we meet Thursday afternoons for electric and sail stuff, and Sunday mornings including IC. Failing that, you've got the Luton club, again good sailing conditions any time as long as more than one member is present, though mainly on Sunday mornings.

Tobermory

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:25 pm »

Thank you Andyn.

I visited the folks who sail in Wardown Park when I started sailing (I seem to remember the weed there being too much of a problem for boats with keels). I also went to Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage one Sunday morning around the same time, although I could not find anyone sailing models there, though likely as it was a very cold winter’s day.

Immediate tasks for me are to make the hatch covers of the Fiesta watertight again and get the Anastasia ready to sail. Certainly interested in local places to sail, so I will send you a PM with more detailed information about my location.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 01:11:02 pm »

Welcome aboard :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 01:16:41 pm »

if you came down and we had weed then that was 2 years ago, yachts as a rule do not suffer with the weed we have in Luton, I sail footys, micro magics and a Robbie Atlantis and have never had a weed problem at Wardown. our type of weed is floating moss weed that affects prop boats only. Come down again and have another sail with us. im not there on 16 sept but the following sunday i will be.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 01:35:03 am »

With us if there was noone there we were probably in the cafe %)

We don't sail on the first lake as you enter the park, you follow the road right down past the sailing centre then into the park itself, we're at the first building on the right. I'm there this Sunday if you fancy popping down, the next few weeks I'm away but everyone will still be down there
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.