Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 48-01 The Earl and Countess Howe  (Read 2572 times)

Muttlee

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
48-01 The Earl and Countess Howe
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:52:52 am »

Hi all,
I wondered if anyone has any photos or drawings for the first 48’ Oakley (The Earl and Countess Howe) they would be able to share with me? I’ve tried the usual sources which don’t offer many results!
She was stationed at Yarmouth and Walton - The - Naze, but was also on display at Poole for a number of years, so hoped somebody may have some “happy snaps”!

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 48-01 The Earl and Countess Howe
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:11:54 am »

Hi all,
I wondered if anyone has any photos or drawings for the first 48’ Oakley (The Earl and Countess Howe) they would be able to share with me? I’ve tried the usual sources which don’t offer many results!
She was stationed at Yarmouth and Walton - The - Naze, but was also on display at Poole for a number of years, so hoped somebody may have some “happy snaps”!

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Muttlee………..when I got hold of an old aerokits model of the Solent. which closely resembles and represents the hull configuration except for the aft rudder section and aft keelson, I rebuilt the hull including cutting the blanked off tunnels of the old kit and fairing in for proper tunnels, plus also taking out the hard chine marks of the plywood hull construction , and made grp moulds out of it. I passed the moulds on to a model manufacture who eventually passed them on to Models by Design. with the hull I also made two cabins for it...……..an Oakley 48' cabin, and the other from plans that I had obtained from the National Maritime Museum of the Earl and Countess Howe......both cabins and hull moulds were passed on to Models by design...…….I think I gave the plans away to a friend called mike Pendlebury, aka gribeauval on here.            ]

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 12:36:49 pm »

Muttlee………..when I got hold of an old aerokits model of the Solent. which closely resembles and represents the hull configuration except for the aft rudder section and aft keelson, I rebuilt the hull including cutting the blanked off tunnels of the old kit and fairing in for proper tunnels, plus also taking out the hard chine marks of the plywood hull construction , and made grp moulds out of it. I passed the moulds on to a model manufacture who eventually passed them on to Models by Design. with the hull I also made two cabins for it...……..an Oakley 48' cabin, and the other from plans that I had obtained from the National Maritime Museum of the Earl and Countess Howe......both cabins and hull moulds were passed on to Models by design...…….I think I gave the plans away to a friend called mike Pendlebury, aka gribeauval on here.            ]
You didn't give the plans to me Neil. I only have midships steering position ones in my collection.
Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »

You didn't give the plans to me Neil. I only have midships steering position ones in my collection.
Mike

oh!!.........gawd, who did I give them to then............unless I gave them to my mate Mr M......cost me 50 quid for those GA's

however.........they are available from the national maritime museum at Greenwich.

djstegges

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:31:08 pm »

Are you still looking for pictures of 48-01?  Ill dig into the Archives at station tomorrow to see what i can find if that’s any help?

Regards,

Dale (Serving W&F crew)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.