The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

Tyne Class Life Boat

(1/34) > >>

Trucker:
Hey, Belyno 1968
Following your build of the life boat, great work, but the build thread seems to have dried up, hows things going with it, have you made any more progress, look forward to some more pictures... O0

Trucker

Beyno1968:
Hi Trucker
Thanks for your interest in the build.

I am still building although family and work have slowed me down the last couple of weeks. I have almost finished the raised deck although progress has been slow as my brass tube bending and soldering isn't the best. Will post some pictures later today.
Chris

Trucker:
thats good news fellow boater, hope we are discussing the same boat, i didnt make it clear at all did i {:-{  im watching your Tyne class life boat. mine is coming along but as this is my first build im having to correct a few things as i go.. ;)
Trucker

Beyno1968:
Yes it is the Tyne I'm building, like yourself this is my first complete scratch build ( although I have refurbished a billings 1/20 scale 44ft US coast guard cutter and turned it into an RNLI Waveney) so I to have had to remake things I'm not happy with. I will upload latest pictures shortly
Chris

Trucker:
had to remove the spray rail on my tyne class lifeboat today, reason for that is simply because i didnt like how i put it on and just didnt look right, so, can any of you tyne builders help me out by explaining how you made, attached there spray rail to the hull, and the thickness of the sheet used to make their spray rail

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version