The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

Tyne Class Life Boat

<< < (33/34) > >>

Canterbury Coxswain:
Trucker,
It's continuing to look very nice and progress is good. Keep up the good work. She'll soon be afloat on a 'water somewhere here in Kent', drawing in the local admiring onlookers O0  .
Cheers,

Kim [Canterbury Coxswain]

Trucker:
thanks for the encouraging words KIM  :-)) i hope to put it back in the water on our clubs next meeting, its an all day event on the 24th.

Trucker

JoJoElbe:
Hi Trucker,it really makles me jeaolus  %%
When I look at it now, the stanchons look like the are the outermost parts of the boat, is this right? (can be wideangle effect)
The oute frame of the boat should be the black rubbing rubber, otherwise the stanchions would always be damaged when hitting some other boat.
 https://www.alamy.de/rnli-alle-wetter-tyne-klasse-rettungsboot-freiwilliger-schlagen-das-wasser-in-eine-demonstration-starten-in-selsey-rettungsboot-am-tag-der-markteinfuhrung-image238364710.html?imageid=44BB3EDB-3F65-4CFE-91AA-39DD25CCB5E6&p=85234&pn=1&searchId=66c5b4dbe8e8bf0ef99e3ae02a816fcf&searchtype=0
But I guess they are just sticked in the deck and not glued yet.
Really nice work!!Best,Joerg

Trucker:
Joerg
The stanchions are correct to my plan, they are not glued yet so might be giving an odd perspective
Trucker

Trucker:
Hi All
Started to install the stanchions on the stb side for now, its not been an easy job for me, most of my issues are the measurements for them and the toes bars, so ive had to compromise as i progress, so heare are a couple of the pics so show my work.

Trucker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version