The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

Tyne Class Life Boat

<< < (2/34) > >>

Trucker:
As ive been stealing ideas from other i thought its about time i showed off my work so far...

Trucker:
The aft cabin has now had the curved edges made up, ive used thin strips of wood glued in with super glue and some epoxy , BUT, what should i use as filler on the wood so once dry i can shape and finish off.

Beyno1968:
Hi Trucker
Looking good  :-))
For the survivors cabin I used 1/4 wooden quadrant from wickes and used Halfords filler primer ( a few coats sanded in between filled the grain in well)
I really do like your capstan, can I ask where you got it from, one thing I'm struggling with is good pictures and how to make it ( I haven't got the use of a lathe)
Keep up the good work and keep posting the pictures 

Trucker:
Thanks for the kind words, Beyno, i got my brother to make my capstan on his lathe, ive got to paint the lower half black seems wasteful but thats the way it is,

Trucker:
ive started to remake the spray rail today, but , looking at all the fine models of the tyne class boat i have a question i would like to put to you guys out there, most of the rails i see are quite flat to the to the hull, but on the actual life boat the rail appears to protrude, HOW, would i make my rail more convincing like the real thing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version