Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Painting, Finishing and Care.

Halfords Matt Black spray

(1/4) > >>

Colin Bishop:
I know that the various Halfords spray primers need to be sealed to make them waterproof but what about their matt black? It gives a lovely finish out of the can and I'd rather not varnish over it if possible (above waterline application but will get splashed).
Colin

TailUK:
I given to understand that Halford's matt colours are not waterproof.  Perhaps a sealer and a gloss black on the area to be sprayed then a matt coat.

Arrow5:
I varnish the undercoat/filler then apply the matt. . . or is that me? just bein` Hielan` {:-{    Edit, ah I see Midlanders are just the same {-)

Colin Bishop:
Just done what I should have in the first place and looked it up on Halfords website. It says:

The advanced acrylic based formulation of Halfords Matt Black Paint colour match spray paint is compatible with virtually all types of automotive paint finishes including cellulose. It provides a tough durable protective finish on metal, glass fibre or rigid plastic panels.

So I guess it should be OK as it is, one reviewer used it to paint his motorbike apparently.
Colin

petermun:
I use Halfords acrylic spray paints all the time, however to ensure waterproofing I do use a coating of Humbrol Matt lacquer as they are compatible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version