Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiolink T8FB update and configurate  (Read 1710 times)

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Radiolink T8FB update and configurate
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »

I've got a Radiolink T8FB Tx which is linked to its Rx and driving my ESC and servos. However it is making a nasty buzzing which I suspect is a low voltage warning. I think this is set to 11.1 volts, and as there are only 4 AA batteries  this is slightly optimistic! I am therefore trying to reset the parameters using my PC but though I have downloaded and unzipped the files from Radiolink I can't get them to display the charts shown in the instructions - all I get is more and more detailed file lists. The charts show a "Tx-Alarm" set at 11.1 which is what I need to change. Any ideas folks?

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Radiolink T8FB update and configurate
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:16:36 am »

Hi Tobyker
You have my sympathy! My experience with this kit has been one of total frustration. After exchanging a few emails with Korp1010 last February, I managed to stop the alarm - but only for a few days. Since then I have tried many times but never succeeded again.
After phoning Howes (from whom I bought the set) and being told I was not using the correct connecting lead (which I was), I tried sending emails to RadioLink which failed to arrive, sending an email to Howes which got no reply and sending a letter to China which failed to evoke a response - I gave up!
My tale of woe is recorded is recorded in a couple of threads:
 http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,60153.0.html

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,60302.0.html

If anyone can come up with an answer to the problem, they will make both of us very happy!
Regards,
Mike

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:08:33 pm »

I have one of these, when I put in some 1.6v NiZn rechargeable batteries it alarmed, when I replaced them with normal alkaline it was happy, the manual says it will run on anything from 4.8V upwards (cant remember the top limit), the problem is I think if your 4 x aa batteries give out more than a standard set of 4 aa's it thinks you have put in another kind of battery, and that is low on volts.

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 01:56:05 pm »

The Tx has an operating range of 4.8 - 18v.
RadioLink expect users to install a 12v Lipo - hence the 11.1v low voltage alarm setting.
With your battery array, you must have managed to change the default value. This means you are a genius!
Mike

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 04:58:28 pm »

The Tx has an operating range of 4.8 - 18v.
RadioLink expect users to install a 12v Lipo - hence the 11.1v low voltage alarm setting.
With your battery array, you must have managed to change the default value. This means you are a genius!
Mike

or maybe just lucky, the shop may have done it before I bought it? (I did get it from the component shop stand at headcorn)

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 06:30:59 pm »

Using the downloads and instructions on the Robotshop web page, I can now get into the computer pages shown in the T8FB instructions. I can even change the low battery alarm volts in the schedule, but I can't make them stick in the Tx. Also, I can't change the port Num from COM1 to COM8 as shown in the settings. I feel as if I'm getting nearer but any further ideas, chaps?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.