Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• Blackpool Model Show 2019: October 19, 2019 - October 20, 2019
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpool Model Show 2019  (Read 26817 times)

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Blackpool Model Show 2019
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 04:28:47 pm »

WHY not simply you telephone Iain Directly Phone no on the website and there is nothing at all on the website stating the wrong date

Iain and Dave 

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 04:35:33 pm »

56 rooms already booked thru website..... O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Iain and Dave

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 04:09:10 pm »

OK, just done a bit of updating on the web site. I think that all should now be working - it could be a little slow at times due to the server that it is hosted on, but not much I can do about that just now.
Advance tickets are a little cheaper on the site:
One day pass £6.00 (£6.50 on the door)
Weekend pass £9.00 (£10.00 on the door)
There are still accommodation & show entry packages available:
Double or twin room B&B (Fri & Sat nights) with 2x weekend show passes £165.00
Single room B&B (Fri & Sat nights) with 1x weekend show pass £90.00
There are also a limited number of disabled access single, double & twin rooms available.

You can also add extra nights (Thursday or Sunday) for £55 B&B we can also do family rooms, evening meal etc, all at rates below the published rate for the hotel.
If you have any issues with the web site, just give us a call on 01248 719353 during office hours (or leave us a message at other times) or drop us an e-mail to info@blackpoolmodelshow.co.uk

As for the event itself, the venue is now full! so anyone thinking of sending in a last minute booking form could be disappointed. That is 2,700 square metres of exhibit space, filled with models & model traders, a number of whom are coming to Blackpool for the first time. Looks like being another great year.
Iain Lewis & Dave (Stavros) Jones
Blackpool Model Show 2019
www.blackpoolmodelshow.co.uk

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 08:22:36 pm »

:-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 08:27:08 pm »

Fantastic event and I must have spent nearly 2k over two previous shows but now retired and have enough unbuilt boats to last me for years yet so I’ll be missing this year sadly. Have another great show  8)
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 08:40:36 pm »

Wow, that website is really slow! And Im on fibre!

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2019, 09:06:13 pm »

Wow, that website is really slow! And Im on fibre!
Normally it is quite quick,  same as any site, must be an issue as not normally like that.

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2019, 09:12:37 pm »

I have also found this site very slow. My previous issues are now sorted and very much looking forward to this show. Thanks to all the organizers for getting it all arranged for everyone's benefit

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
  • Not me chief : Engines
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2019, 11:23:46 pm »

Is there any chance of getting the 2020 dates yet?
Cheers  Jim

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2019, 10:18:51 am »

I may regret asking this, but there is a possible choice of dates for next year, so I would be interested in any opinions....

In theory the dates would be the 17th & 18th October 2020 as that is essentially the same weekend as we currently have. This puts it a full week before half term & also clashes with the Midlands Model Engineering Show, but because it is away from half term it could make accommodation at places like the Premier Inn cheaper.

The following weekend of the 24th & 25th October 2020 is currently available at the Norbreck, this avoids the clash with the Midlands Engineering event, & also puts the show at the first weekend of half term (for most kids) so this weekend would seem to be the better option - however, this then puts the show just 2 weeks before the Warwick model coat show, maybe that is too close? Neither option is 100% perfect, but I am thinking the 24th/25th would be the better bet?

Iain Lewis
Blackpool Show Organiser

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2019, 10:46:23 am »

Iain,

It's nice to see an organiser adressing this point for once.

In the past, too many shows have lost support as their organisers have refused to acknowledge or co operate with others to make the most of a nationally declining clientele. When there are clashes or events staged closely together then most people will go to one or another but not both. This can lead to one show going under and the other being significantly weakened. We have seen this on a number of occasions.

I fear that having Blackpool and Warwick within two weeks of each other could harm both. Something else to consider is whether the Haydock event will go ahead next year following what appears to have been a significant drop in numbers this year. If not then are there opportunities to move Blackpool to an earlier date away from Warwick? Warwick itself is experimenting with a two day show this year as the three day event appears to have become unviable. A further drop off in footfall at Warwick could put that show into doubt as well.

I'm not sure how significant school holidays are in the overall scheme of things. At shows I have attended there has been only a small presence of youngsters which may be regrettable but there is no doubt that it is the over 65s who produce the income and which determines the viability of the show.

Although I would like to, I will not be attending Blackpool. Driving to Haydock from down here in Surrey was a total nightmare at nearly 7 hours and not something I wish to repeat at my age. I do wish the show every success though.

Colin

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2019, 11:46:20 am »

From when I first "inherited" the Blackpool show I have tried to avoid clashes, as that will always have some degree of negative effect on both shows, unfortunately it isn't always possible. The Norbreck is a busy venue & most weekends there are events taking place. In 2020 there is no availability at all in September & only the 2 weekends currently being discussed are available in October. There is some availability in August, but that then interferes with people's summer holidays (my own included) plus there is the Haydock show on the August bank holiday weekend (assuming it happens in 2020)
I have looked into other possible venues where there might be availability at other times, but as far as Blackpool is concerned there is only the Winter Gardens with enough space to take the event, the problem then comes with parking & loading as it is in the town center without any real on-site parking.
I think that we are limited to the 2 weekends at the end of October, it is just a case of which is the better option....

big_bri

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:54 pm »

Just my personal opinion, but the earlier dates would suit me and my family Iain. I would really like to take in both Blackpool and the Warwick events this year. the 24th/26th would be too close for us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Brian

DaveM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Why on earth do I do this?
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2019, 12:02:27 pm »

I'm bound to wonder how many folk visit both shows (apart from the traders, that is). They are 160 miles apart and one venue might well suit some but not others e.g the good Admiral Sir Colin Bishop....and me. Trying to avoid a clash or even a partial one may be just wasted effort if only a handful of stalwarts like Big Bri have both dates in their diaries. 

Is there perhaps scope for a survey here on Mayhem?
DaveM

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2019, 12:22:36 pm »

Thanks for the comments Iain, I appreciate it is a difficult issue with no easy answers. And it's not just the punters either, you need to maintain a good level of support from traders and clubs to complete the triangle. (further complication is that Deans and MMM are now staging their own events to cut costs.)

As far as Blackpool/Warwick are concerned, one is in the North, the other in the Midlands. Given that the 'centre of gravity' of model boating these days is probably somewhere between the two, and much stronger than down South then people living between the two may well choose one or the other. As Dave says, maybe a survey might give some indication of people's intentions. The Forum does have a 'poll' facility.

Colin

big_bri

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2019, 03:31:17 pm »

I'm bound to wonder how many folk visit both shows (apart from the traders, that is). They are 160 miles apart and one venue might well suit some but not others e.g the good Admiral Sir Colin Bishop....and me. Trying to avoid a clash or even a partial one may be just wasted effort if only a handful of stalwarts like Big Bri have both dates in their diaries. 

Is there perhaps scope for a survey here on Mayhem?
DaveM

A really difficult one Iain, I don't envy you trying to please traders, exhibitors and of course the paying public, but I admire you for trying.
Whatever date you decide, I'll try my damnedest to attend both. Blackpool is the closest to me so, I'll definitely be there :-))
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Brian

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2019, 04:32:23 pm »

blackpool  sounds and looks like it will be a very good show   :-))   i have been giving it some thought about  attending with me models  but  it looks like ive missed the  boat lol  %)  this year  as dave 'stavros'  says the event is full  now !  never mind its my fault i left it to late   

i may just come up for the weekend??   ill see nearer the date 

regards ray  from southend!

Iain

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2019, 06:06:16 pm »

Ray,Depending how much space you need I might be able to squeeze you in. Send me details by e-mail to info@component-shop.co.uk
I hate to turn away any display if I can avoid it as ultimately the more there is on display the better the event will be.

Iain Lewis

Blackpool Show Organiser

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 08:03:25 pm »

Ray,Depending how much space you need I might be able to squeeze you in. Send me details by e-mail to info@component-shop.co.uk
I hate to turn away any display if I can avoid it as ultimately the more there is on display the better the event will be.

Iain Lewis

Blackpool Show Organiser

ok iain thank you  i will send an email  to you   thanks regards ray

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
  • Not me chief : Engines
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2019, 11:28:59 pm »

Since I asked the question, perhaps i should offer an opinion.  Stick to the equivalent weekend to those you already use. Ie 17, 18 October.  I am not sure how much support you will loose being a fortnight after thr Midland show which is after all an Engineering show, not a primarily model show.  Either way the sooner you decide and PUBLISH the better.  The Post Office and other employers are requiring bids for holidays in 2020 already, delay could loose you customers!.
Anyway thank you for what you are doing and good luck for next year.
Jim Worner :-))

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2019, 11:43:26 am »

Ever since the show moved to the Norcalympia, it has stayed on the equivalent weekend as far as possible. The problem there is that the calendar moves by a day or so every year, so every 7 years or thereabouts the show has to take a large step to keep in the same range of dates. 
That, and the availability of the venue. 
When the original date was agreed a lot of years ago, the offer was either the 3rd weekend in October, or sometime in February.  We picked October.  After that, it was always the case that confirmation of the availability of the venue by the venue owners for the following year happened during show weekend.  We are not the only people who use the place.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2019, 09:43:16 pm »

Iain Lewis

Blackpool Show Organiser

hi iain  i did send a couple of emails recently    im sorry i cant attend the show now  i appreciate  you finding me space   i have a date clash after ''double checking'' with the other half  %)   have a great show to all thats going  i will get to next years event! regards ray

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2019, 09:58:11 pm »

Hi Ray

Shame you can not attend ...next year maybee....Ive got a meeting Tomorrow ev with Iain so I will pass this on to him no worries at all

Dave

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2019, 06:34:35 pm »

Well that's it 2700sq meters of exhibition space is now filled! Full of Clubs and Traders not a single inch of space left...at this rate we will need bigger Hall's....Watch this space :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

As organisers we are grateful to ALL the Clubs Traders and individuals who are displaying their Models at the show,there is something this years for all tastes so to speak.From obviously Model Boats to Rc Tanks,Rc Lorries,Static displays and Even a Slot car Rally Stage.

Rally Stage it is a wooden track that takes Scaletrix cars this will be timed to a second with a Prize on Sat and Sunday for the fastest time......Monies collect will be Donated to the RNLI

This has got to be the Best one to date WE HOPE..................

There is a Darned Good chippy and also a Cash Machine and a Sandwich shop.....All within Walking Distance .

Blackpool obviously has the Illuminations on Every night and Plenty of shops for your Wife to go shopping whilst you are at the show.....A Tram is available right outside the Hotel and runs Every 20 mins or so.

Please REMEMBER to write down your car registration clearly and correctly at the Show entrance the onus is on YOU to do this.....Clubs and Traders can do this either on Friday or Sat Mng in the Main Hall you only have to do this ONCE...We as Show Organisers can not be held responsable for errors on your part....WE CAN NOT emphasise this more.

SEE YOU THERE

Iain and Dave SHow organisers

coch y bonddu

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2019, 05:50:00 pm »

Only 2 weeks to go So how many are comming

Dave
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.