The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Hovercraft

SRN6

(1/3) > >>

eddy8757:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a set of Mark Porters plans for the SRN5/6 - His website has vanished, so I wondered if anyone had a set of his plans? I'd happily pay all costs and postage etc etc...

Please let me know if you can help.

Regards
Eddy

tigertiger:
Now there is a blast from the past.
I remember when the SRN6 first went into service in the UK because there was a Blue Peter feature on it. Wow.
That got me looking on Wikipedia, although only a few went into service in the UK, North Korea has 130 of SRN6 based designed craft in operation.  I have also had a ride on one of the Chinese variants on the Yellow River in Henan Province in China.
I also read about the later SRN4 which is much larger.

Sorry if that is a bit off topic.

Stan:
Hi Eddy contact the Model Hovercraft Association they are group of dedicated hovercraft moddelers.  Just type in on the net Model Hovercraft Association hope this helps.

Stan

KitS:

--- Quote from: tigertiger on October 27, 2018, 02:41:41 pm ---
I remember when the SRN6 first went into service in the UK because there was a Blue Peter feature on it. Wow.

I also read about the later SRN4 which is much larger.

--- End quote ---

I flew/sailed on SRN6s numerous times, they were the staple craft on the Southsea-Ryde trip for many years. I've also been on the SRN2, 3 and 4.  :-)

And you're right about the 4s, they were HUGE. I even worked aboard one of them for a short while too.

There's one working SRN6 still left in the UK, it's the singular SRN6 Twin, based at the Hovercraft Museum at Lee-on-Solent at the last count.

g4yvm:
Thread drift...but guess what we missed...well, I did anyway .......

https://www.hovercraft-museum.org/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version