Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this suitable  (Read 1907 times)

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Is this suitable
« on: October 28, 2018, 11:05:54 pm »

Hello guys for a present il be getting thw model slipway kit dutch courage. I have 2 mfa 540 with 2.5.1 gearboxes i believe on them and 2 mfa torpedo 800 i put these straight onto a 12v lead acid and was happier with how the 800 performed. Now would i be able to run 2 of these through a action p94 esc a mixer ok from a 12v battery. Next question is would i be able to get a big ah battery without any issues any advice apprdciated thanks chris.

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Is this suitable
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 08:22:30 am »

Mixer will be fine and Component shop will have a large AH SLA battery (various sizes all are listed on their website). I used a 14AH SLA battery in my Maltby it was quite large, the size you can get in the hull will dictate the AH size so measure it up then look on Component shop web site to see which battery you need . You can always mount the battery on its side. Hope this helps.
     Regards, Pete. :-))

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:43:57 am »

Yh its a big help thanks will defo look into the battery want as big as i can use in it for ballast and for run time

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 11:47:14 am »

Would you recomend a 6v lead acid for the reciever pack aswel seperate from main batts as that will ad gd ballast to in the front of the boat behind my bow thruster

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 01:05:34 pm »

Would you recomend a 6v lead acid for the reciever pack aswel seperate from main batts as that will ad gd ballast to in the front of the boat behind my bow thruster
Not all radios, and, importantly, the things that plug into them, respond well to 6 volts.  Action are notable there.  A better option is to use a UBEC to provide a stabilized 5 volts for the control components.  Just use ballast if it needs it, less chance of forgetting to charge up a passive piece of weight as opposed to a vital battery which will probably not be sited where it is easy to get at. 
Many ESCs have a BEC built in, which usually removes the need for a separate battery or a discrete UBEC.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:54:40 pm »

You might want to consider using an Action P92 or P107 Power Distribution Board which has a BEC built into it and makes connecting up easy. I swear by them, but I am no great authority on anything!
John

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 05:48:13 pm »

Ok what would i need for my setup if you dont mind me asking. I got 2 mfa torpedo 800 and a bow thruster to power i would like a mixer for the main drive motors i want to power the main drive motors by 12v battery. A shopping list if you would like any help id love thanks.

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 07:40:42 pm »

For options and component diagrams I suggest you look at the Action Website, www.action-electronics.co.uk , select Diagrams and Articles from the list on the left hand side then Model Slipway Diagrams. There lots of other diagrams to look at which should help you put your particular requirement together and give you ideas as to how the total set-up works.
John

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »

Thanks bud will look now

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »

Hi again,
    If you're going to be towing with this tug my advice would be the following set up- Component shop P102 distribution board (eliminates the need for another battery to power the receiver it has a supply built in) which will supply your 2 motors and the bow thruster all will be fused, 3 esc,s one each for the main drive motors and bow thruster Electronise Speedos will run 100% in both directions, set up with tank steering i.e. Left stick for the Port motor right stick for the Starboard motor. Once you get used to tank steering you won't go back to a mixer. However if you want to go down the route of using a mixer you will still need an Esc for the bow thruster. If you would like some photos of the seat up ON me your email address.
     Regards, Pete :-))

no1chunk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 07:56:00 pm »

Cheers il send u a pm for the info and pics ta mate
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.